SoU help needed, getting Wise Wind

Tags:
  • Video Games
Last response: in Video Games
July 15, 2004 7:05:19 PM

I'm in this temple right now. Got there by reading a book. Anyway,
There's this one room, and near as I can tell there are six Unholy
Pristesses, 2 Unholy Crusaders, a devil and their grand matron all
sitting there waiting to tear my character to pieces. And they do it
quite successfully, regardless of what I try. I can't leave the
temple to rest because the exit's blocked with some spell or another.
We're talking at least 9-1 odds here. There were times in Baldur's
Gate where 2 enemies were more than a party of 6 could handle. 9 are
way too many for a party of 1 (not counting Deekin because I can't
control him and he's proven himself useless in this one).

So... How do I win this? Is there a god mode in the game, maybe?
<grin>

Any thoughts would be very, very much appreciated. I never had
problems like this in the NWN campaign.

Insidentally, the character's a Cleric 6, fighter 4., about to level
up. I have a necklace of fireballs that seems to soften them up a
bit, I have lots of spells that I could *potentially* use, but there's
no place I can rest to memorise them. I'd load from a different save
and try again, but I'd have to go through a hell of a lot to get back
to this point, and I'm not really up to facing all the spiders in
Undrentide again.

So... barring an invulnerability cheat, I think I'm pretty much
pooched.

A balanced encounter this is not.

More about : sou needed wise wind

Anonymous
July 16, 2004 3:58:10 AM

Paul Fedorenko wrote:
> I'm in this temple right now. Got there by reading a book. Anyway,
> There's this one room, and near as I can tell there are six Unholy
> Pristesses, 2 Unholy Crusaders, a devil and their grand matron all
> sitting there waiting to tear my character to pieces. And they do it
> quite successfully, regardless of what I try. I can't leave the
> temple to rest because the exit's blocked with some spell or another.
> We're talking at least 9-1 odds here. There were times in Baldur's
> Gate where 2 enemies were more than a party of 6 could handle. 9 are
> way too many for a party of 1 (not counting Deekin because I can't
> control him and he's proven himself useless in this one).
>
> So... How do I win this? Is there a god mode in the game, maybe?
> <grin>

> Any thoughts would be very, very much appreciated. I never had
> problems like this in the NWN campaign.
>
> Insidentally, the character's a Cleric 6, fighter 4., about to level
> up.

I remember some troubles at this place too :-)

I have never played such a class combo, but I doubt if your character is
very powerful. And therefor level 10 is probably a little too low at this
stage. The priestesses are not very hard, but the two crusaders can be a
pain (lvl. 15 fighter). Don't walk too far into the ceremonial room, but try
to stay at the door and fight them one by one. If you get attacked from
behind, you are lost.

> So... barring an invulnerability cheat, I think I'm pretty much
> pooched.

Well, there is a console command "dm_heal". It helps a lot...

Hans
Anonymous
July 16, 2004 3:58:11 AM

"Hans Wein" <hwein_nospam_@gmx.net> wrote in message
> Paul Fedorenko wrote:
> > I'm in this temple right now. Got there by reading a book. Anyway,
> > There's this one room, and near as I can tell there are six Unholy
> > Pristesses, 2 Unholy Crusaders, a devil and their grand matron all
> > sitting there waiting to tear my character to pieces. And they do it
> > quite successfully, regardless of what I try. I can't leave the
> > temple to rest because the exit's blocked with some spell or another.
> > We're talking at least 9-1 odds here. There were times in Baldur's
> > Gate where 2 enemies were more than a party of 6 could handle. 9 are
> > way too many for a party of 1 (not counting Deekin because I can't
> > control him and he's proven himself useless in this one).
> >
> > So... How do I win this? Is there a god mode in the game, maybe?
> > <grin>
>
> > Any thoughts would be very, very much appreciated. I never had
> > problems like this in the NWN campaign.
> >
> > Insidentally, the character's a Cleric 6, fighter 4., about to level
> > up.
>
> I remember some troubles at this place too :-)
>
> I have never played such a class combo, but I doubt if your character is
> very powerful. And therefor level 10 is probably a little too low at this
> stage. The priestesses are not very hard, but the two crusaders can be a
> pain (lvl. 15 fighter). Don't walk too far into the ceremonial room, but
try
> to stay at the door and fight them one by one. If you get attacked from
> behind, you are lost.
>
> > So... barring an invulnerability cheat, I think I'm pretty much
> > pooched.
>
> Well, there is a console command "dm_heal". It helps a lot...

You don't need either... a Cleric6/Fighter4 is a powerful combat combo
unless you did something silly like take all skill focus feats....
July 16, 2004 3:58:12 AM

>You don't need either... a Cleric6/Fighter4 is a powerful combat combo
>unless you did something silly like take all skill focus feats....

no, no, no... Nothing like that... Stuff like Power Attack, Luck of
Heros, Cleave... I think I might have Combat Casting... I'm thinking
of taking Zen Archery to apply the character'sWis bonus to ranged
attacks.

As for being a powerful combat combo... I'm noticing that it's kind
of hit and miss. I think my favourite combo so far is 1/3 Ranger, 2/3
Druid. Then again, I'm a bit biased since I've always had a
preference for Druids going back to my first time playing 2nd Edition
AD&D... So...

Anyway, I reloaded from a much earlier spot (had no choice) and got
myself the Dark Wind first. That one went a lot better than the
Library one. I'm going to try the Wise wind again with a couple extra
levels and some better spells.
Anonymous
July 17, 2004 4:26:13 AM

"Paul Fedorenko" <pfedorenko@look.ca> wrote in message

> >You don't need either... a Cleric6/Fighter4 is a powerful combat combo
> >unless you did something silly like take all skill focus feats....
>
> no, no, no... Nothing like that... Stuff like Power Attack, Luck of
> Heros, Cleave... I think I might have Combat Casting... I'm thinking
> of taking Zen Archery to apply the character'sWis bonus to ranged
> attacks.
>
> As for being a powerful combat combo... I'm noticing that it's kind
> of hit and miss. I think my favourite combo so far is 1/3 Ranger, 2/3
> Druid. Then again, I'm a bit biased since I've always had a
> preference for Druids going back to my first time playing 2nd Edition
> AD&D... So...

I wish Druids got their resurection skill like they do in PnP without me
having to script it in... Druids are the best!
Anonymous
July 17, 2004 9:18:57 PM

Insane Ranter wrote:
> "Paul Fedorenko" <pfedorenko@look.ca> wrote in message
>
>>>You don't need either... a Cleric6/Fighter4 is a powerful combat combo
>>>unless you did something silly like take all skill focus feats....
>>
>>no, no, no... Nothing like that... Stuff like Power Attack, Luck of
>>Heros, Cleave... I think I might have Combat Casting... I'm thinking
>>of taking Zen Archery to apply the character'sWis bonus to ranged
>>attacks.
>>
>>As for being a powerful combat combo... I'm noticing that it's kind
>>of hit and miss. I think my favourite combo so far is 1/3 Ranger, 2/3
>>Druid. Then again, I'm a bit biased since I've always had a
>>preference for Druids going back to my first time playing 2nd Edition
>>AD&D... So...
>

> I wish Druids got their resurection skill like they do in PnP without me
> having to script it in... Druids are the best!

Druids don't get a resurrection skill or spell. They do get reincarnate
as a 4th level spell. This is as per D&D 3.0. What version are you
thinking of?

Kharsis
Anonymous
July 17, 2004 10:01:44 PM

"Kharsis" <kharsis@ihug.co.nz> wrote in message

> Insane Ranter wrote:
> > "Paul Fedorenko" <pfedorenko@look.ca> wrote in message

> >>no, no, no... Nothing like that... Stuff like Power Attack, Luck of
> >>Heros, Cleave... I think I might have Combat Casting... I'm thinking
> >>of taking Zen Archery to apply the character'sWis bonus to ranged
> >>attacks.
> >>
> >>As for being a powerful combat combo... I'm noticing that it's kind
> >>of hit and miss. I think my favourite combo so far is 1/3 Ranger, 2/3
> >>Druid. Then again, I'm a bit biased since I've always had a
> >>preference for Druids going back to my first time playing 2nd Edition
> >>AD&D... So...
> >

> > I wish Druids got their resurection skill like they do in PnP without me
> > having to script it in... Druids are the best!
> >

> Druids don't get a resurrection skill or spell. They do get reincarnate
> as a 4th level spell. This is as per D&D 3.0. What version are you
> thinking of?

Who knows I'm lost track.
Anonymous
July 18, 2004 3:48:23 AM

Well, you can always cheat ...
> I'm in this temple right now. Got there by reading a book. Anyway,
> There's this one room, and near as I can tell there are six Unholy
> Pristesses, 2 Unholy Crusaders, a devil and their grand matron all
> sitting there waiting to tear my character to pieces. And they do it
> quite successfully, regardless of what I try. I can't leave the
> temple to rest because the exit's blocked with some spell or another.
> We're talking at least 9-1 odds here. There were times in Baldur's
> Gate where 2 enemies were more than a party of 6 could handle. 9 are
> way too many for a party of 1 (not counting Deekin because I can't
> control him and he's proven himself useless in this one).
>
> So... How do I win this? Is there a god mode in the game, maybe?
> <grin>
>
> Any thoughts would be very, very much appreciated. I never had
> problems like this in the NWN campaign.
>
> Insidentally, the character's a Cleric 6, fighter 4., about to level
> up. I have a necklace of fireballs that seems to soften them up a
> bit, I have lots of spells that I could *potentially* use, but there's
> no place I can rest to memorise them. I'd load from a different save
> and try again, but I'd have to go through a hell of a lot to get back
> to this point, and I'm not really up to facing all the spiders in
> Undrentide again.
>
> So... barring an invulnerability cheat, I think I'm pretty much
> pooched.
>
> A balanced encounter this is not.
Anonymous
July 18, 2004 4:05:43 AM

"Maxon" <maxon@globalnet.co.uk> wrote in message
> Well, you can always cheat ...

Why when tis no needed?
Anonymous
July 21, 2004 9:41:59 PM

Warren wrote:

> Now, my big problem is that Deekin's stats have been cursed to
> oblivion and I can't find a Greater Restoration scroll anywhere. I
> had a dozen of them at this point in the NWN OC. Fortunately, I
> didn't get cursed (can't figure out how he did) or I'd be really
> upset.

I replayed this chapter a few days ago and got exactly the same problem.
Unfortunately the Asabi Boss doesn't have any to sell - he has a lot of
(expensive) stuff in his store, but this one is missing. IMHO you will have
to create one using the console: nw_it_spdvscr701.

HTH
Hans
Anonymous
July 21, 2004 9:42:00 PM

"Hans Wein" <hwein_nospam_@gmx.net> wrote in message news:<cdm3jr$64e$03$1@news.t-online.com>...
> I replayed this chapter a few days ago and got exactly the same problem.
> Unfortunately the Asabi Boss doesn't have any to sell - he has a lot of
> (expensive) stuff in his store, but this one is missing. IMHO you will have
> to create one using the console: nw_it_spdvscr701.

Thanks. I guess I'll do that seeing as how I can't get one all proper
like. I'll drop 10,000 gold somewhere so I can feel like I bought it.
:)  It's not like I've had them and used them, I've gotten a grand
total of 3 scrolls that I could use the entire game. I swear my NWN
OC paladin had a hundred of the things by the end.

The SoU OC has been very stingy with basic items such as healing kits
and potions. That's not really a complaint, it's just in vast
contrast to the NWN OC. On the other hand, I've got oodles of "weird"
magic items cluttering up the inventory, which didn't happen so much
with the other campaign.

Warren
Anonymous
July 22, 2004 3:18:36 PM

"Hans Wein" <hwein_nospam_@gmx.net> wrote in message news:<cdm3jr$64e$03$1@news.t-online.com>...
> Warren wrote:
>
> > Now, my big problem is that Deekin's stats have been cursed to
> > oblivion and I can't find a Greater Restoration scroll anywhere. I
> > had a dozen of them at this point in the NWN OC. Fortunately, I
> > didn't get cursed (can't figure out how he did) or I'd be really
> > upset.
>
> I replayed this chapter a few days ago and got exactly the same problem.
> Unfortunately the Asabi Boss doesn't have any to sell - he has a lot of
> (expensive) stuff in his store, but this one is missing. IMHO you will have
> to create one using the console: nw_it_spdvscr701.

Was just reading on the Bioware forums that you could solve this
problem by buying a much less expensive Remove Curse scroll. Doh!
Grokko smash! ....

Warren
!