SoU help needed, getting Wise Wind

I'm in this temple right now. Got there by reading a book. Anyway,
There's this one room, and near as I can tell there are six Unholy
Pristesses, 2 Unholy Crusaders, a devil and their grand matron all
sitting there waiting to tear my character to pieces. And they do it
quite successfully, regardless of what I try. I can't leave the
temple to rest because the exit's blocked with some spell or another.
We're talking at least 9-1 odds here. There were times in Baldur's
Gate where 2 enemies were more than a party of 6 could handle. 9 are
way too many for a party of 1 (not counting Deekin because I can't
control him and he's proven himself useless in this one).

So... How do I win this? Is there a god mode in the game, maybe?
<grin>

Any thoughts would be very, very much appreciated. I never had
problems like this in the NWN campaign.

Insidentally, the character's a Cleric 6, fighter 4., about to level
up. I have a necklace of fireballs that seems to soften them up a
bit, I have lots of spells that I could *potentially* use, but there's
no place I can rest to memorise them. I'd load from a different save
and try again, but I'd have to go through a hell of a lot to get back
to this point, and I'm not really up to facing all the spiders in
Undrentide again.

So... barring an invulnerability cheat, I think I'm pretty much
pooched.

A balanced encounter this is not.
11 answers Last reply
More about needed wise wind

    Paul Fedorenko wrote:
    > I'm in this temple right now. Got there by reading a book. Anyway,
    > There's this one room, and near as I can tell there are six Unholy
    > Pristesses, 2 Unholy Crusaders, a devil and their grand matron all
    > sitting there waiting to tear my character to pieces. And they do it
    > quite successfully, regardless of what I try. I can't leave the
    > temple to rest because the exit's blocked with some spell or another.
    > We're talking at least 9-1 odds here. There were times in Baldur's
    > Gate where 2 enemies were more than a party of 6 could handle. 9 are
    > way too many for a party of 1 (not counting Deekin because I can't
    > control him and he's proven himself useless in this one).
    >
    > So... How do I win this? Is there a god mode in the game, maybe?
    > <grin>

    > Any thoughts would be very, very much appreciated. I never had
    > problems like this in the NWN campaign.
    >
    > Insidentally, the character's a Cleric 6, fighter 4., about to level
    > up.

    I remember some troubles at this place too :-)

    I have never played such a class combo, but I doubt if your character is
    very powerful. And therefor level 10 is probably a little too low at this
    stage. The priestesses are not very hard, but the two crusaders can be a
    pain (lvl. 15 fighter). Don't walk too far into the ceremonial room, but try
    to stay at the door and fight them one by one. If you get attacked from
    behind, you are lost.

    > So... barring an invulnerability cheat, I think I'm pretty much
    > pooched.

    Well, there is a console command "dm_heal". It helps a lot...

    Hans

    "Hans Wein" <hwein_nospam_@gmx.net> wrote in message
    > Paul Fedorenko wrote:
    > > I'm in this temple right now. Got there by reading a book. Anyway,
    > > There's this one room, and near as I can tell there are six Unholy
    > > Pristesses, 2 Unholy Crusaders, a devil and their grand matron all
    > > sitting there waiting to tear my character to pieces. And they do it
    > > quite successfully, regardless of what I try. I can't leave the
    > > temple to rest because the exit's blocked with some spell or another.
    > > We're talking at least 9-1 odds here. There were times in Baldur's
    > > Gate where 2 enemies were more than a party of 6 could handle. 9 are
    > > way too many for a party of 1 (not counting Deekin because I can't
    > > control him and he's proven himself useless in this one).
    > >
    > > So... How do I win this? Is there a god mode in the game, maybe?
    > > <grin>
    >
    > > Any thoughts would be very, very much appreciated. I never had
    > > problems like this in the NWN campaign.
    > >
    > > Insidentally, the character's a Cleric 6, fighter 4., about to level
    > > up.
    >
    > I remember some troubles at this place too :-)
    >
    > I have never played such a class combo, but I doubt if your character is
    > very powerful. And therefor level 10 is probably a little too low at this
    > stage. The priestesses are not very hard, but the two crusaders can be a
    > pain (lvl. 15 fighter). Don't walk too far into the ceremonial room, but
    try
    > to stay at the door and fight them one by one. If you get attacked from
    > behind, you are lost.
    >
    > > So... barring an invulnerability cheat, I think I'm pretty much
    > > pooched.
    >
    > Well, there is a console command "dm_heal". It helps a lot...

    You don't need either... a Cleric6/Fighter4 is a powerful combat combo
    unless you did something silly like take all skill focus feats....

    >You don't need either... a Cleric6/Fighter4 is a powerful combat combo
    >unless you did something silly like take all skill focus feats....

    no, no, no... Nothing like that... Stuff like Power Attack, Luck of
    Heros, Cleave... I think I might have Combat Casting... I'm thinking
    of taking Zen Archery to apply the character'sWis bonus to ranged
    attacks.

    As for being a powerful combat combo... I'm noticing that it's kind
    of hit and miss. I think my favourite combo so far is 1/3 Ranger, 2/3
    Druid. Then again, I'm a bit biased since I've always had a
    preference for Druids going back to my first time playing 2nd Edition
    AD&D... So...

    Anyway, I reloaded from a much earlier spot (had no choice) and got
    myself the Dark Wind first. That one went a lot better than the
    Library one. I'm going to try the Wise wind again with a couple extra
    levels and some better spells.
  4. Archived from groups: alt.games.neverwinter-nights (More info?)

    "Paul Fedorenko" <pfedorenko@look.ca> wrote in message

    > >You don't need either... a Cleric6/Fighter4 is a powerful combat combo
    > >unless you did something silly like take all skill focus feats....
    >
    > no, no, no... Nothing like that... Stuff like Power Attack, Luck of
    > Heros, Cleave... I think I might have Combat Casting... I'm thinking
    > of taking Zen Archery to apply the character'sWis bonus to ranged
    > attacks.
    >
    > As for being a powerful combat combo... I'm noticing that it's kind
    > of hit and miss. I think my favourite combo so far is 1/3 Ranger, 2/3
    > Druid. Then again, I'm a bit biased since I've always had a
    > preference for Druids going back to my first time playing 2nd Edition
    > AD&D... So...

    I wish Druids got their resurection skill like they do in PnP without me
    having to script it in... Druids are the best!
  5. Archived from groups: alt.games.neverwinter-nights (More info?)

    Insane Ranter wrote:
    > "Paul Fedorenko" <pfedorenko@look.ca> wrote in message
    >
    >>>You don't need either... a Cleric6/Fighter4 is a powerful combat combo
    >>>unless you did something silly like take all skill focus feats....
    >>
    >>no, no, no... Nothing like that... Stuff like Power Attack, Luck of
    >>Heros, Cleave... I think I might have Combat Casting... I'm thinking
    >>of taking Zen Archery to apply the character'sWis bonus to ranged
    >>attacks.
    >>
    >>As for being a powerful combat combo... I'm noticing that it's kind
    >>of hit and miss. I think my favourite combo so far is 1/3 Ranger, 2/3
    >>Druid. Then again, I'm a bit biased since I've always had a
    >>preference for Druids going back to my first time playing 2nd Edition
    >>AD&D... So...
    >

    > I wish Druids got their resurection skill like they do in PnP without me
    > having to script it in... Druids are the best!

    Druids don't get a resurrection skill or spell. They do get reincarnate
    as a 4th level spell. This is as per D&D 3.0. What version are you
    thinking of?

    Kharsis
  6. Archived from groups: alt.games.neverwinter-nights (More info?)

    "Kharsis" <kharsis@ihug.co.nz> wrote in message

    > Insane Ranter wrote:
    > > "Paul Fedorenko" <pfedorenko@look.ca> wrote in message

    > >>no, no, no... Nothing like that... Stuff like Power Attack, Luck of
    > >>Heros, Cleave... I think I might have Combat Casting... I'm thinking
    > >>of taking Zen Archery to apply the character'sWis bonus to ranged
    > >>attacks.
    > >>
    > >>As for being a powerful combat combo... I'm noticing that it's kind
    > >>of hit and miss. I think my favourite combo so far is 1/3 Ranger, 2/3
    > >>Druid. Then again, I'm a bit biased since I've always had a
    > >>preference for Druids going back to my first time playing 2nd Edition
    > >>AD&D... So...
    > >

    > > I wish Druids got their resurection skill like they do in PnP without me
    > > having to script it in... Druids are the best!
    > >

    > Druids don't get a resurrection skill or spell. They do get reincarnate
    > as a 4th level spell. This is as per D&D 3.0. What version are you
    > thinking of?

    Who knows I'm lost track.
  7. Archived from groups: alt.games.neverwinter-nights (More info?)

    Well, you can always cheat ...
    > I'm in this temple right now. Got there by reading a book. Anyway,
    > There's this one room, and near as I can tell there are six Unholy
    > Pristesses, 2 Unholy Crusaders, a devil and their grand matron all
    > sitting there waiting to tear my character to pieces. And they do it
    > quite successfully, regardless of what I try. I can't leave the
    > temple to rest because the exit's blocked with some spell or another.
    > We're talking at least 9-1 odds here. There were times in Baldur's
    > Gate where 2 enemies were more than a party of 6 could handle. 9 are
    > way too many for a party of 1 (not counting Deekin because I can't
    > control him and he's proven himself useless in this one).
    >
    > So... How do I win this? Is there a god mode in the game, maybe?
    > <grin>
    >
    > Any thoughts would be very, very much appreciated. I never had
    > problems like this in the NWN campaign.
    >
    > Insidentally, the character's a Cleric 6, fighter 4., about to level
    > up. I have a necklace of fireballs that seems to soften them up a
    > bit, I have lots of spells that I could *potentially* use, but there's
    > no place I can rest to memorise them. I'd load from a different save
    > and try again, but I'd have to go through a hell of a lot to get back
    > to this point, and I'm not really up to facing all the spiders in
    > Undrentide again.
    >
    > So... barring an invulnerability cheat, I think I'm pretty much
    > pooched.
    >
    > A balanced encounter this is not.
  8. Archived from groups: alt.games.neverwinter-nights (More info?)

    "Maxon" <maxon@globalnet.co.uk> wrote in message
    > Well, you can always cheat ...

    Why when tis no needed?
  9. Archived from groups: alt.games.neverwinter-nights (More info?)

    Warren wrote:

    > Now, my big problem is that Deekin's stats have been cursed to
    > oblivion and I can't find a Greater Restoration scroll anywhere. I
    > had a dozen of them at this point in the NWN OC. Fortunately, I
    > didn't get cursed (can't figure out how he did) or I'd be really
    > upset.

    I replayed this chapter a few days ago and got exactly the same problem.
    Unfortunately the Asabi Boss doesn't have any to sell - he has a lot of
    (expensive) stuff in his store, but this one is missing. IMHO you will have
    to create one using the console: nw_it_spdvscr701.

    HTH
    Hans
  10. Archived from groups: alt.games.neverwinter-nights (More info?)

    "Hans Wein" <hwein_nospam_@gmx.net> wrote in message news:<cdm3jr$64e$03$1@news.t-online.com>...
    > I replayed this chapter a few days ago and got exactly the same problem.
    > Unfortunately the Asabi Boss doesn't have any to sell - he has a lot of
    > (expensive) stuff in his store, but this one is missing. IMHO you will have
    > to create one using the console: nw_it_spdvscr701.

    Thanks. I guess I'll do that seeing as how I can't get one all proper
    like. I'll drop 10,000 gold somewhere so I can feel like I bought it.
    :) It's not like I've had them and used them, I've gotten a grand
    total of 3 scrolls that I could use the entire game. I swear my NWN
    OC paladin had a hundred of the things by the end.

    The SoU OC has been very stingy with basic items such as healing kits
    and potions. That's not really a complaint, it's just in vast
    contrast to the NWN OC. On the other hand, I've got oodles of "weird"
    magic items cluttering up the inventory, which didn't happen so much
    with the other campaign.

    Warren
  11. Archived from groups: alt.games.neverwinter-nights (More info?)

    "Hans Wein" <hwein_nospam_@gmx.net> wrote in message news:<cdm3jr$64e$03$1@news.t-online.com>...
    > Warren wrote:
    >
    > > Now, my big problem is that Deekin's stats have been cursed to
    > > oblivion and I can't find a Greater Restoration scroll anywhere. I
    > > had a dozen of them at this point in the NWN OC. Fortunately, I
    > > didn't get cursed (can't figure out how he did) or I'd be really
    > > upset.
    >
    > I replayed this chapter a few days ago and got exactly the same problem.
    > Unfortunately the Asabi Boss doesn't have any to sell - he has a lot of
    > (expensive) stuff in his store, but this one is missing. IMHO you will have
    > to create one using the console: nw_it_spdvscr701.

    Was just reading on the Bioware forums that you could solve this
    problem by buying a much less expensive Remove Curse scroll. Doh!
    Grokko smash! ....

    Warren

Video Games