Jumping the gun?

Will you be upgrading to Vista at launch?

• Yes

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • No

Votes: 10 76.9%

• Total voters

lgreenlee

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2007
I think that both AMD and nVidia are a little behind the 8 ball where vista is concerned :evil: .

The fact that 15 days before launch there are no beta drivers for the 8800 shows that either nVidia started late (well they did as the official 8800 launch was November 06) and perhaps they are having massive issues getting stable drivers. :cry:

In the article a product manager said basically "software is complex, you fix one thing here, break something else there". Such an argument from a product manager is very weak and says that the board manufacturers are having some internal issues with their development teams. Software is complex, but it's their job to master it. Another recent and notable folley is the distribution of data corrupting drivers for the 680i chipset. I think nVidia needs to get their house in order!

All of that aside, Vista is not officially out yet and both AMD and nVidia still have some time to deliver higher quality wares. Perhaps we should let them?

For anyone that is interested I will be documenting my experiences with the Vista Signature Edition upgrade and the 8800 GTX on the new AMD 4x4 platform here: http://amd4x4.blogspot.com.