lockdown ie with ad

I am looking for a way to disable the download feature in
Internet Explorer 5 and up using AD and group policies in
a W2k Domain. In the past I have created a mmc snapin on
the local machine and disable the download feature in IE,
this options works but it has to be done on each
desktop. I would like to do it via OU's and group
policies so I can push it to several desktops at once. I
have certain options in group policies to hide certain
tabs features in Internet Explorer but I don't see an
option to modify single settings. Example: When creating
a policy for: User Configuration-Administration Templates-
Windows Componets-Internet Control-Disable the Security
page, I can Disable the Security page but I can't modify
the setting in the Security page tab.
Any suggestions or ideas.
Thanks as always
1 answer Last reply
More about lockdown

    Mark-

    There's an option to import the settings for various tabs from your PC. I
    don't have GP in front of me, but, it's one of those IE Maintenance nodes.

    Brian Desmond
    Windows Server MVP
    desmondb@payton.cps.k12.il.us

    Http://www.briandesmond.com

    "Mark" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > I am looking for a way to disable the download feature in
    > Internet Explorer 5 and up using AD and group policies in
    > a W2k Domain. In the past I have created a mmc snapin on
    > the local machine and disable the download feature in IE,
    > this options works but it has to be done on each
    > desktop. I would like to do it via OU's and group
    > policies so I can push it to several desktops at once. I
    > have certain options in group policies to hide certain
    > tabs features in Internet Explorer but I don't see an
    > option to modify single settings. Example: When creating
    > a policy for: User Configuration-Administration Templates-
    > Windows Componets-Internet Control-Disable the Security
    > page, I can Disable the Security page but I can't modify
    > the setting in the Security page tab.
    > Any suggestions or ideas.
    > Thanks as always

Internet Explorer Windows