lockdown ie with ad

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
Share
July 7, 2004 7:53:31 PM

I am looking for a way to disable the download feature in
Internet Explorer 5 and up using AD and group policies in
a W2k Domain. In the past I have created a mmc snapin on
the local machine and disable the download feature in IE,
this options works but it has to be done on each
desktop. I would like to do it via OU's and group
policies so I can push it to several desktops at once. I
have certain options in group policies to hide certain
tabs features in Internet Explorer but I don't see an
option to modify single settings. Example: When creating
a policy for: User Configuration-Administration Templates-
Windows Componets-Internet Control-Disable the Security
page, I can Disable the Security page but I can't modify
the setting in the Security page tab.
Any suggestions or ideas.
Thanks as always

More about : lockdown

Anonymous
July 9, 2004 4:00:54 AM

Mark-

There's an option to import the settings for various tabs from your PC. I
don't have GP in front of me, but, it's one of those IE Maintenance nodes.

Brian Desmond
Windows Server MVP
desmondb@payton.cps.k12.il.us

Http://www.briandesmond.com