log off users after specified time

Aken

Distinguished
May 31, 2004

dear sir,

ours is a domian environment with win 2000 server and win Xp pro clients. i have made logon hours for each users. then i have enbaled this features in as this restrictions are intented for Domian Computer & users.

Domain security policy:

Automatically log off users when logon time expires(local): enabled
Automatically log off users when logon time expires: enabled

as my intention is to log them off, whatever state they might be on in that current working time. but it seems that it is not working. users are able to work even after the alloted time. sometime they even login after the alloted time.

is there anything that i have missed? do i have to do additional setting in clients also? it there any work of Domian Controller security policy settings?

pls suggest.

Aken

Expand AllCollapse All
Free Newsletters

Those settings are supposed to log a user off of domain resources - not their local
computer. If configured correctly and Group Policy has applied correctly then the
users should be disconnected from domain shares and not be able to logon the domain
after their time has expired [or shortly there after], but they will stay logged on
their local computer. --- Steve

"aken" <aken@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> dear sir,
>
> ours is a domian environment with win 2000 server and win Xp pro clients. i have
made logon hours for each users. then i have enbaled this features in as this
restrictions are intented for Domian Computer & users.

> Domain security policy:
>
> Automatically log off users when logon time expires(local): enabled
> Automatically log off users when logon time expires: enabled
>
> as my intention is to log them off, whatever state they might be on in that current
working time. but it seems that it is not working. users are able to work even after
the alloted time. sometime they even login after the alloted time.

> is there anything that i have missed? do i have to do additional setting in clients
also? it there any work of Domian Controller security policy settings?

> pls suggest.
>
> Aken
>

> Expand AllCollapse All
> Free Newsletters

you can use net user /times from command prompt to set
times when a local user can log on locally. For more info
on this search www.google.com
-Nimit

That will not forcefully logoff users already logged onto the local machine
owever. --- Steve