iPaq Portable Keyboard

April 13, 2005 8:55:30 PM

I really love the Stowaway Portable Keyboard for my iPaq 3670. I
heard that the h4155 would also work with this keyboard. However,
while the connector appears to be the same size, it looks like there
are more pins on the h4155 connector than on the older 3670. I have
the new drivers for this keyboard. Is there any kind of adapter
available that will connect the h4155 with the Stowaway Keyboard?

Thanks!
Scott

More about : ipaq portable keyboard

Anonymous
April 13, 2005 9:56:03 PM

Old 3600 and 3700 do not use the same connector as the later models.
Everything since those first two lines has been consistent though. The one
caveat is the 1900 series. Same connector as the 3800, 3900, 4100, etc, but
it is on the device backwards to all the others. Makes keyboards hard to
use, as the screen faces away.

--
Sven
MS-MVP Mobile Devices
"Scott" <golden@uslink.net> wrote in message
>I really love the Stowaway Portable Keyboard for my iPaq 3670. I
> heard that the h4155 would also work with this keyboard. However,
> while the connector appears to be the same size, it looks like there
> are more pins on the h4155 connector than on the older 3670. I have
> the new drivers for this keyboard. Is there any kind of adapter
> available that will connect the h4155 with the Stowaway Keyboard?
>
> Thanks!
> Scott
April 14, 2005 1:46:28 AM

Sven,

That's a shame. I like the Stowaway keyboard because it has a full row
for numbers. It seems like all the new portable keyboard double up the
numbers with the top row of letters.

Scott

Sven wrote:

> Old 3600 and 3700 do not use the same connector as the later models.
> Everything since those first two lines has been consistent though. The one
> caveat is the 1900 series. Same connector as the 3800, 3900, 4100, etc, but
> it is on the device backwards to all the others. Makes keyboards hard to
> use, as the screen faces away.
>
> --
> Sven
> MS-MVP Mobile Devices
> "Scott" <golden@uslink.net> wrote in message
> >I really love the Stowaway Portable Keyboard for my iPaq 3670. I
> > heard that the h4155 would also work with this keyboard. However,
> > while the connector appears to be the same size, it looks like there
> > are more pins on the h4155 connector than on the older 3670. I have
> > the new drivers for this keyboard. Is there any kind of adapter
> > available that will connect the h4155 with the Stowaway Keyboard?
> >
> > Thanks!
> > Scott
April 14, 2005 2:55:53 PM

That's their BT model that has the funky letter/number/special character
row. Their direct connect ones are still four rows.
http://www.thinkoutside.com/products/90187/90187_produc.... HP also makes
direct connect keyboards that fit your PPC.

--
> Sven,
>
> That's a shame. I like the Stowaway keyboard because it has a full row
> for numbers. It seems like all the new portable keyboard double up the
> numbers with the top row of letters.
>
> Scott
>
> Sven wrote:
>>
>> Old 3600 and 3700 do not use the same connector as the later models.
>> Everything since those first two lines has been consistent though. The
>> one
>> caveat is the 1900 series. Same connector as the 3800, 3900, 4100, etc,
>> but
>> it is on the device backwards to all the others. Makes keyboards hard to
>> use, as the screen faces away.
>>
>> --
>> Sven
>> MS-MVP Mobile Devices
>> "Scott" <golden@uslink.net> wrote in message
>> >I really love the Stowaway Portable Keyboard for my iPaq 3670. I
>> > heard that the h4155 would also work with this keyboard. However,
>> > while the connector appears to be the same size, it looks like there
>> > are more pins on the h4155 connector than on the older 3670. I have
>> > the new drivers for this keyboard. Is there any kind of adapter
>> > available that will connect the h4155 with the Stowaway Keyboard?
>> >
>> > Thanks!
>> > Scott
April 14, 2005 4:58:30 PM

Sven wrote:

> That's their BT model that has the funky letter/number/special character
> row. Their direct connect ones are still four rows.
> http://www.thinkoutside.com/products/90187/90187_produc.... HP also makes
> direct connect keyboards that fit your PPC.
>
> --
> Sven
> MS-MVP Mobile Devices
> "Scott" <golden@uslink.net> wrote in message
> > Sven,
> >
> > That's a shame. I like the Stowaway keyboard because it has a full row
> > for numbers. It seems like all the new portable keyboard double up the
> > numbers with the top row of letters.
> >
> > Scott

Sven,

Thanks! I ordered the Stowaway Keyboard that I wanted from thinkoutside.com.
Only $29.99. Not bad, considering I paid $99.99 for the same keyboard for
my iPaq 3670 3 years ago.

Scott
Anonymous
April 15, 2005 2:52:34 AM

You did note the little caveat about the physical mod that needs to be done?
Pretty trivial, but it is needed. Do it carefully. It's easier to take more
material off, if you didn't do enough, than put some back, if you do too
much.

--

> Sven wrote:
>>
>> That's their BT model that has the funky letter/number/special character
>> row. Their direct connect ones are still four rows.
>> http://www.thinkoutside.com/products/90187/90187_produc.... HP also
>> makes
>> direct connect keyboards that fit your PPC.
>>
>> --
>> Sven
>> MS-MVP Mobile Devices
>> "Scott" <golden@uslink.net> wrote in message
>> > Sven,
>> >
>> > That's a shame. I like the Stowaway keyboard because it has a full row
>> > for numbers. It seems like all the new portable keyboard double up the
>> > numbers with the top row of letters.
>> >
>> > Scott
>> >

> Sven,
>
> Thanks! I ordered the Stowaway Keyboard that I wanted from
> thinkoutside.com.
> Only $29.99. Not bad, considering I paid $99.99 for the same keyboard for
> my iPaq 3670 3 years ago.
>
> Scott
Anonymous
April 21, 2005 1:29:56 AM

I recently purchased a Smart portable keyboard for my Ipaq that works on
Infra red and therefore cables aren't an issue.
It works really well and cost me around £27.
http://www.adesso.com/products_detail.asp?productid=190

--

Brett
!