Screensaver settings not applied

Hello all,

The management of my company has asked me to configure a screensaver for all (desktop) computers, which should be activated when the computer is unused for 10 minutes. The goal is that users have to fill in To arrange this I have configured a Group Policy and configured the screensaver setting accordingly.

After a few days I noticed that only a part of all our users actually get the screensaver when they are away from their computer. This is strange beacause all of the users should get the screensaver. I have checked replication on both domain controllers, and everything seemed in order. Both domain controllers show the specified policy settings. I also checked if all the computers actually have the specified screensaver file.

Does anybody has experience with kind of problem? Or can anybody give me tips on how to troubleshoot this probem?

buggin

Distinguished
Jul 10, 2004

I would use the GPresult tool and see where they are getting their policies
from.

"Richard W" <Richard W@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello all,
>
> The management of my company has asked me to configure a screensaver for
> all (desktop) computers, which should be activated when the computer is
> unused for 10 minutes. The goal is that users have to fill in To arrange
> this I have configured a Group Policy and configured the screensaver
> setting accordingly.
>
> After a few days I noticed that only a part of all our users actually get
> the screensaver when they are away from their computer. This is strange
> beacause all of the users should get the screensaver. I have checked
> replication on both domain controllers, and everything seemed in order.
> Both domain controllers show the specified policy settings. I also checked
> if all the computers actually have the specified screensaver file.
>
> Does anybody has experience with kind of problem? Or can anybody give me
> tips on how to troubleshoot this probem?

Make sure that you also disabled the users ability to change the settings to prevent
them from disabling it. You can do that in the same place in Group Policy. Note that
domain level user policy will not apply to users who logon to a local machine
account. --- Steve