Policy for Anonymous web browsing

I have setup and ISA server and purchased some additional monitoring/access
control software for it. A lot of the rules on it are based on the users
name. Unfortunatlely, my log is filled with a lot of items that show user
anonymous connecting to a lot of thing instead of DOMAIN\Username.

Is there a GP that I can use to make it so IE will not try an anonymous
connection and if so, will this have any negative impact?
1 answer Last reply
More about policy anonymous browsing

    There are three types of connections to an ISA server - firewall client, proxy web,
    and secure NAT. If users are using secure NAT, then they are just using the ISA
    server as a gateway and rules other than those for users/groups will apply to them.
    Proxy web is for users who have their web browser configured to use the ISA server as
    their proxy server and they will have user/group rules applied and be logged as the
    user for any connection through their web browser only. Firewall Client will have all
    traffic to the ISA server subject to user/group rules and always be logged as the
    user.

    Either make sure everyone has the firewall client installed or you can use Group
    Policy to enforce the proxy server connection settings for Internet Explorer for
    either user or computer. Just make sure that the user is also restricted from
    accessing the connection settings for Internet Explorer or they will try to bypass
    the proxy server settings. --- Steve

    In Group Policy for user configuration look under user configuration/Windows
    Settings/Internet Explorer maintenance/connection for where to configure proxy
    settings. There is a similar setting under computer configuration. Also look under
    user configuration/administrative templates/Windows components/Internet Explorer for
    ways to restrict user access to IE settings which in my opinion the less they have
    the better. --- Steve

    "Jordan" <nojunk_allowed@nospam.com> wrote in message
    > I have setup and ISA server and purchased some additional monitoring/access
    > control software for it. A lot of the rules on it are based on the users
    > name. Unfortunatlely, my log is filled with a lot of items that show user
    > anonymous connecting to a lot of thing instead of DOMAIN\Username.
    >
    > Is there a GP that I can use to make it so IE will not try an anonymous
    > connection and if so, will this have any negative impact?

Policy Internet Explorer Microsoft Windows