glnwf

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2007
Chk adjust volume unable to access it.
Can't click on. When try and trouble shoot says device working fine??
Was fine yesturday??
What gives :?: :?: :?:

Wgfalcon

Distinguished
Feb 4, 2006
you have no sound. mp3's midi files cd's all have no sound? open up the control panel for your audio device and see if anything is muted, the check the speaker connection on the back of your computer if you have front jack use headphones to check those if you still haven't found the problem uninstall
and the reinstall your audio driver

glnwf

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2007
you have no sound. mp3's midi files cd's all have no sound? open up the control panel for your audio device and see if anything is muted, the check the speaker connection on the back of your computer if you have front jack use headphones to check those if you still haven't found the problem uninstall
and the reinstall your audio driver
It all appears to be muted if you will unable to adjust muted in color for sure, under "SOund and Audio Devices Properties".
What gives was fine yesturday, Today Nada how do I undo this please?

dean7

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2006
What do you mean by "Chk adjust volume unable to access it"? You can't access the Volume Control app in Windows? I'm assuming you are running Windows XP... anyway, go to:

Start-> Control Panel-> Sounds and Audio Devices

Is the "Mute" checkbox checked? Is "Place volume icon in task bar" checked?

If you can't see anything wrong, click on "Advanced" (under "Device Volume" section, not "Speaker settings") and make sure none of the "Mute" check boxes are checked on the volume control app. Also make sure the sliders aren't slid all the way down (especially for "Volume Control" and "Wave").

G

If the other replies don't seem to help, check in Device manager to make sure the sound card is still there. Try reinstalling the drivers. And since you are going to reinstall might as well make sure you have the latest ones.

G

Was fine yesturday??
What gives :?: :?: :?:

Also did you do anything yesterday, like install new drivers for anything, programs, hardware. Maybe upgrade some software ?

glnwf

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2007
This is going to sound quite strange however the sound settings returned to normal as if nothing had happened, after two scans one McAfee 1 Defender and I rebooted. M"Magic"???
I don't understand :?: But I'm not complaining :D
Thanks for all of your help much appreciated. :D