Need an Easy Case to work with..

carpcmelee

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2006
Ok im under 15 years old and its my first build. You obviously need to be careful to build, and the screws you put into the case are freaking me out. so im building in march and i need the easiest case to build with. also theres a catch, it has to be under 75 bucks. It's hard, I know, but its my first time dropping $1200 for a build.
ok heres my components.
e6300
sceptre 19 inch widescreen.
2gb 667mhz ddr2 ram (forgot the brand)
250gb sata 3.0 western digital hd.
x1950pro.
gigabyte s3 mobo. (not ds3)
ask about any component i forgot.

carpcmelee

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2006
well ive heard enough horror stories about psu's that come with the case that ill leave it. I don't really care if it comes with one, ill just sell it or trash it if it does.

harty23690

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2006
Can't help with the case really since im UK based and have no idea about prices.

But just as a recommendation DDR2-800 RAM is much better suited to C2Ds

ches111

Distinguished
Feb 4, 2006
Might want to look at the Sonata II from Antec. At roughly $100 it includes a somewhat healthy PSU as well (not a POS/something you would need to trash either).

It comes with the Antec Smartpower 450W built in.

It will handle what you are planning on building. But, 450W will not handle a serious gaming system(multi GPU)/file server build.

You can use any one of the Power Suppl;y calculators out there to see if the 450W works for your build.

Would not hurt to know some of your other requirements for a case?

Low weight?,
asthetics (clear side panel),
mobile?,
any thing else you would LIKE to see in a case?

Hope this helps.

ches111

Distinguished
Feb 4, 2006
Bobs,

That case looks like it would be fine but the drive cage/rail mounting/quick release system of the Antec case is absolutely awesome. It is nice to be able to quick release a drive and move its location or take it out all together.

The Sonata is also very well known for being a VERY quiet case. I have the Sonata I edition and love it. Good cooling and quiet too.

Rubber mounting grommets for HDDs in the drive cage.

120mm fans for cooling,

Rolled edges so you do not get cut.

Smallish form factor,

Heavy for being so small,

Piano black finish (very nice looking case).

carpcmelee

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2006
The Sonata is great and I'm sure is a quality case, but i want a case that looks good and flashy for under 75 that also is easy to build with. Frankly, the Sonata doesn't look much better to me than a Gateway budget pc case.

ches111

Distinguished
Feb 4, 2006
The Sonata is NOT a budget PC looking box.

It has a very nice Piano Black (Gloss) finish.

It is extremely easy to work on (most Antec cases are).

Please go take a look at them if you can. I think BB and CC and Compusa all carry Antec cases and you can go have a look for yourself.

The Antec Sonata is nearly a HTPC looking case.

Hope this helps..

ches111

Distinguished
Feb 4, 2006
Car,

Please do not beleive me.. Your best bet is to go looking for yourself.

Also please read reviews of cases. There are many many reviews (nearly all very positive) for the Sonata II.

ches111

Distinguished
Feb 4, 2006
Car,

If you are looking for clear side panels for instance please state so we can help a little more.

For instance, If you are looking for BLING then tell us. The Sonata is subtle/refined BLING (no neon "except maybe the front light :)" for instance).

If you are looking for clear side panels for later neon or black light or case modding then let us know and we can better help you.

You asked for an easy to work on case only..

Some additional parameters??

carpcmelee

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2006
Yes "Bling" is more of what Im looking for. That is why the Sonota is not an option. Right now im decided on the X-Cruiser or X-Discovery (forgot its name) by Aspire. Is that easy to build with?

carpcmelee

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2006
Thanx! The guardian cases are way too flashy for me. when i said flashy, i didnt mean like "add neon lights to a fairy tale" flashy. Anyway, I think im decided on the Apollo. It's beautiful

TRENDING THREADS