172MM hiGH cFM 48v.DC .48amp fan

freezed1

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2007
sup, i am new to tomshardware fourms and wondering if anyone can help me on this website. currently i am running a amd 3000 venice overclocked to 2.97ghz and wanna get some more air running in my case, so i grabbed a pair of very high cfm fans (as case(stacker 810) coolers,i got water kit running for the cpu)
fan #1---Comair Rotron----Major----48V DC. .48amps----286cfm air

fan #2----nidec BETA V T600DC

if some one can tell me how to power these or if some one can find me a 48V DC, 1amp wallswitch, adapter, or anything in that requirement to power these beats.
thankyou

technology-sponge

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2006
I'll be frank with you. (sorry if you do feel slightly offended)

Trying to run those 2 fans in a pc case is a kind dumbish idea. It can work, but theres several problems you'll have to overcome:

48V DC 1A plupakcs are rare as. Its most likely you'll have to construct one yourself, or go to your local electronics store and see if they have any oem/2nds lieing around.

2ndly, those fans if indeed 286CFM, will sound like a lawnmower, ansd you'll have to remove the side panel to prevent soem freakyt hih air pressure bildup.

If you really wanna run em, just try off 12V for starters, then if not, you can pikc up a 24V 1A adapter (abt 15 AUD/11USD). The fans will still have decet airfloe, but will be quieter

freezed1

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2007
I'll be frank with you. (sorry if you do feel slightly offended)

Trying to run those 2 fans in a pc case is a kind dumbish idea. It can work, but theres several problems you'll have to overcome:

48V DC 1A plupakcs are rare as. Its most likely you'll have to construct one yourself, or go to your local electronics store and see if they have any oem/2nds lieing around.

2ndly, those fans if indeed 286CFM, will sound like a lawnmower, ansd you'll have to remove the side panel to prevent soem freakyt hih air pressure bildup.

If you really wanna run em, just try off 12V for starters, then if not, you can pikc up a 24V 1A adapter (abt 15 AUD/11USD). The fans will still have decet airfloe, but will be quieter

thx for the advice man,i will try to run those and see how to noise and airflow is. i already have a delta 130cfm fan in my pc case and it seems louder then these ones. anyhow man thanks for yr reply. i will check some surplus stores to see if i can find a variable Voltage regulator switch or adapter.