The Protector Against the Storm

I have a question about the end of the OC.

Does anyone know what the Protector Against the Storm...protects
against? I thought it was lightning, right up until I cast Lightning
Bolt at him and he laughed at me. This isn't a question I need the
answer to to finish the game, but I'm curious.

Kish wrote:
> I have a question about the end of the OC.
>
> Does anyone know what the Protector Against the Storm...protects
> against? I thought it was lightning, right up until I cast Lightning
> Bolt at him and he laughed at me. This isn't a question I need the
> answer to to finish the game, but I'm curious.

I'm pretty sure it's electrical damage. I'm surprised Lightning Bolt
didn't faze him.
--
Barry Scott Will
Pyric RPG Publications

If you insist on emailing me, remove all the **JUNK** first

Barry Scott Will wrote:

>> Does anyone know what the Protector Against the Storm...protects
>> against? I thought it was lightning, right up until I cast Lightning
>> Bolt at him and he laughed at me. This isn't a question I need the
>> answer to to finish the game, but I'm curious.
>>

> I'm pretty sure it's electrical damage. I'm surprised Lightning Bolt
> didn't faze him.

No, he is immune against electricity, because he is wearing the special
belt. What he is missing is the cloak which gives spell resistance. Magic
Missiles will kill him.

HTH
Hans

Hans Wein wrote:
> No, he is immune against electricity, because he is wearing the special
> belt. What he is missing is the cloak which gives spell resistance. Magic
> Missiles will kill him.

That's a bug, then. None of the Protector's have the magical immunity
cloak; however, they are supposed to be susceptible to the damage they
guard against. The Protector Against the Spear is missing the
piercing-immune bracers. The Protector Against the Mace is missing the
bludgeoning-immune armor. The Protector Against the Storm has *all* the
immunity items (except the cloak). He should be missing the belt. Wonder
how that happened?
--

Barry Scott Will wrote:

> That's a bug, then. None of the Protector's have the magical immunity
> cloak; however, they are supposed to be susceptible to the damage they
> guard against. The Protector Against the Spear is missing the
> piercing-immune bracers. The Protector Against the Mace is missing the
> bludgeoning-immune armor. The Protector Against the Storm has *all*
> the immunity items (except the cloak). He should be missing the belt.
> Wonder how that happened?

Bad quality management ;-) The bug isn't only on the active character, but
on the blueprint too. BTW: Thinking about the missing cloaks - is also some
kind of bug, or is it meant to make the life a bit easier for spellcasters?

Hans

Hans Wein wrote:
> Bad quality management ;-) The bug isn't only on the active character, but
> on the blueprint too. BTW: Thinking about the missing cloaks - is also some
> kind of bug, or is it meant to make the life a bit easier for spellcasters?

I don't recall every seeing this mentioned before. It would be easy
enough for Bioware to patch. I guess most spellcasters throw a few
Horrid Wiltings and wipe everyone out and don't bother with the "small
stuff". :)

The missing cloaks make life easier on spellcasters. It grants Morag
complete immunity to spells; if the protectors possessed that cloak,
they would even be immune to spells of the damage type to which they are
supposed to be susceptible. E.g. the Protector Against Frost would be
immune to Ice Storm, Cone of Cold, etc. The Protector Against the
Lessers controls immunity to Acid and Sonic damage as well as many other
types of effect (critical hits, death magic, fear, etc.). Offing him
also takes away Morag's cloak.