Dead Pixel on Mitsubishi WS65-813 RPTV ?

I have notice when I am within a couple of feet of my Moysubishi ws65-813
what looks like a black dot.

Upon closer examination it passes color through it but is mainly balck and
it is definitely not in the protective screen.

DO RPTV's have dead pixels or is that exclusive to LCD's and CRTs?

Will my 5 year warranty cover this?

Can the lenses have a speck of dirt on it that would mimic a dead pixel?

Is this something i can do myself or do i need a service call?

TIA,

Jeff
3 answers Last reply
More about dead pixel mitsubishi ws65 rptv

    To answer your questions, yes your warranty should cover it. Yes lenses can
    and do get dirty over time. Once a tech of ours found a fried spider on a
    lens. It might also be dirt/dust/bug on your mirror also.
    Either way, get a service call done on it to rectify the situation.

    Scott

    "Jeff" <Jeff@aol.com> wrote in message
    > I have notice when I am within a couple of feet of my Moysubishi ws65-813
    > what looks like a black dot.
    >
    > Upon closer examination it passes color through it but is mainly balck and
    > it is definitely not in the protective screen.
    >
    > DO RPTV's have dead pixels or is that exclusive to LCD's and CRTs?
    >
    > Will my 5 year warranty cover this?
    >
    > Can the lenses have a speck of dirt on it that would mimic a dead pixel?
    >
    > Is this something i can do myself or do i need a service call?
    >
    > TIA,
    >
    > Jeff

    "Jeff" <Jeff@aol.com> wrote in message
    > I have notice when I am within a couple of feet of my Moysubishi ws65-813
    > what looks like a black dot.
    >
    > Upon closer examination it passes color through it but is mainly balck and
    > it is definitely not in the protective screen.
    >
    > DO RPTV's have dead pixels or is that exclusive to LCD's and CRTs?

    Any set that digitally processes the image can have what looks like a dead
    pixel. I have seen a similar problem with one set in this chassis group
    which turned out to be several pixels that were incorrectly illuminated,
    i.e. the wrong colors were on/off at the wrong time. The solution was to
    replace the signal board.

    > Will my 5 year warranty cover this?

    If it is a problem in the electronics or CRT, it should. If it is a
    cleaning issue, maybe. You need to refer to your contract and speak to the
    servicer who will honor it. No one here can answer the question
    difinitively without more information.

    > Can the lenses have a speck of dirt on it that would mimic a dead pixel?

    Yes, of course. Bugs can also cause such a problem, or you could have a bad
    spot in the phosphor of a CRT. Usually any of these would not make a black
    spot but a colored one.

    > Is this something i can do myself or do i need a service call?

    Call a technician and make sure that they are very familiar with RPTV and
    with Mitsubishi.

    Leonard

    Let me throw in a comment here also, before you call the repairman. I have
    a RPTV (HD) and noticed a speck on my screen. Mine happened to be white,
    several pixels in a random sort of connected pattern. I thought the same
    thing, that something must be wrong with the screen, the guns or the set.
    I receive my signal from VOOM satellite, and I thought before I panicked and
    started calling support lines, etc. that I would just reboot my whole
    system. I started with the set itself. (On my set, a reboot is accomplished
    by holding down the power button on the front of the set for at least 5
    seconds). Then I rebooted the VOOM stb unplugging it for 30 seconds. When
    I powered all systems back on, the "dead" pixels had disappeared. Try this
    first----

    "Leonard G. Caillouet" <lcaillo_ns_@devoynet.com> wrote in message

    > "Jeff" <Jeff@aol.com> wrote in message
    > > I have notice when I am within a couple of feet of my Moysubishi
    ws65-813
    > > what looks like a black dot.
    > >
    > > Upon closer examination it passes color through it but is mainly balck
    and
    > > it is definitely not in the protective screen.
    > >
    > > DO RPTV's have dead pixels or is that exclusive to LCD's and CRTs?
    >
    > Any set that digitally processes the image can have what looks like a dead
    > pixel. I have seen a similar problem with one set in this chassis group
    > which turned out to be several pixels that were incorrectly illuminated,
    > i.e. the wrong colors were on/off at the wrong time. The solution was to
    > replace the signal board.
    >
    > > Will my 5 year warranty cover this?
    >
    > If it is a problem in the electronics or CRT, it should. If it is a
    > cleaning issue, maybe. You need to refer to your contract and speak to
    the
    > servicer who will honor it. No one here can answer the question
    > difinitively without more information.
    >
    > > Can the lenses have a speck of dirt on it that would mimic a dead pixel?
    >
    > Yes, of course. Bugs can also cause such a problem, or you could have a
    bad
    > spot in the phosphor of a CRT. Usually any of these would not make a
    black
    > spot but a colored one.
    >
    > > Is this something i can do myself or do i need a service call?
    >
    > Call a technician and make sure that they are very familiar with RPTV and
    > with Mitsubishi.
    >
    > Leonard

HDTV Mitsubishi Home Theatre