Generals

Archived from groups: alt.games.command-n-conq (More info?)

----- Original Message -----
From: "TCipollina" <joesdad@stny.rr.com>
Newsgroups: alt.games.command-n-conq
Sent: Wednesday, June 02, 2004 3:41 PM
Subject: Re: Cant update or LAN/online

> "JULIAN HALES" <julianhales@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
> > Ray, srry i presumed this was the generals ng, i have been here a while
> and
> > always noticed it was this game....more
> >
> <<lots of snipping>>
>
> Not a problem. this is one of 4 general (no pun intended, lower case , not
> Generals) C&C Newsgroups. any one of the games can be discussed here. it
was
> created for the original C&C Tiberium Dawn, but has evolved to accept all,
> even if a separate newsgroup is created (I know of none for Generals).
>
> anyway, about online playing. I hesitate to say go for it since there are
> many creeps, losers, and downright idiots online who have nothing better
> do than annoy people. i gave it up years ago.
>
> BUT, what i do is i have a couple of good friends who we meet and play as
> allies against the computer. very similar to what you experience in
> skirmish, but more funs since you now have friends who stand by you,
> "shoulder to shoulder and backs to the wall" ("F Troop"). i also have
Roger
> Wilco to have actual verbal communications with my allies, rather than the
> keyboard (i cannot type).
>
> this i have been doing for years, and it never gets old.
>
> BTW, i am computer illiterate, and cannot answer your other questions. I
do
> also "try before you buy".
>
> oh, and i dont own Generals. my pc isn't strong enough to run it. i play
> Tiberium Sun. Was lousy on single missions, but great with skirmish and
> online playing.
>
> --
> Fight Win Prevail
> But Never Cheat

Yes i want to try online as i can beat the same map, so far 100+ straight
wins against 5 Brutal armies, i vary the opponets countries and find it
offers some differances on the attack against me, i thought a human would be
able to do better tho, or at least a more interesteing way of attack.

My Pc acc to Generals min spec shouldnt run it, i have a Duron 700, slightly
o/clocked not 800mhz Athlon but plays fine. Myabe its due to memory being
256mb.

Archived from groups: alt.games.command-n-conq (More info?)

alt.games.generals ;-)

"The Ancient One" <onlytheone@thetopknows.com> wrote in message

> [...]
thanks , i missed that one
COOL MORE C&C!!!

--
Fight Win Prevail
But Never Cheat

Archived from groups: alt.games.command-n-conq (More info?)

"The Ancient One" <onlytheone@thetopknows.com> wrote in message

is it me, or are there no posts there?

--
Fight Win Prevail
But Never Cheat

"TCipollina" <joesdad@stny.rr.com> wrote in message

> "The Ancient One" <onlytheone@thetopknows.com> wrote in message

Most recent post there was 4/26, I think everyone's on vacation there. I
still check it everyd ay though.

> "TCipollina" <joesdad@stny.rr.com> wrote in message
> >
> > "The Ancient One" <onlytheone@thetopknows.com> wrote in message

wow, long vacation. month and a half