Coverage in Hanover, NH?

Anyone have knowledge of coverage quality or even if there is coverage in
the Hanover area?

Thanks

"Bob K." <bob1030@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Anyone have knowledge of coverage quality or even if there is coverage
> in
> the Hanover area?
>
> Thanks

I've driven through that area. Forget about any GSM plan. The regional map
shows that it is lit up, but the cell phone doesn't lie. If you are going
to spend much time in that general area, Cingular is not for you. -Dave

> Anyone have knowledge of coverage quality or even if there is coverage in
>the Hanover area? Thanks

Cingular has a 1900 MHz GSM system in Hanover as does Unicel. Neither offers
GSM service there right now, its only for roamers.

GSM is not ready for prime time in Hanover.

Your two best choices are the 800 MHz providers, U.S Cellular (CDMA) and Unicel
(TDMA).

Unicel GSM is slated to officially roll out 1Q05 (although it has slipped once
already)

Verizon is working to build out the area (I have one report of service there,
but have not confirmed it yet). They do not offer service there yet.

--
Dave
Visit my New England Cell Phone Page at