Sign in with
Your question

A program to tell how hot your GPU/HD is running?

Tags:
  • Heatsinks
  • CPUs
  • Overclocking
Last response: in Overclocking
January 17, 2007 9:46:41 PM

Sorry I know this is a pretty noob question, but I'm all set with my CPU since I have an arctic cooler freezer 7 pro coming soon, but how concerned should I be with other temps besides the CPU? I have 1 80mm fan for intake, and another 80mm fan for exhaust that came with the case. That, and how hot is too hot for the GPU/HD/Mobo? Thanku :o 

More about : program hot gpu running

January 18, 2007 1:26:40 AM

I really like RivaTuner for GPUs and CPUs. I'd like to find something that shows HD.

I have speedfan, but must have missed the HD part, thanks.
January 18, 2007 2:13:46 AM

pc wizard will give a lot of info too.
Related resources
January 18, 2007 3:08:24 AM

Software is great but I personally prefer using a hardware temp monitor / fan controller.
January 18, 2007 7:34:03 PM

Well it says for my GPU the core slowdown threshold is 130c. Can they really get that hot o_O?

Mine right now is running at idle at about 50c, when playing a game I imagine it goes up more depending on how graphics intensive it is. How much heat can a GPU take? Because that seems pretty hot, though if the slowdown threshold is that high then I guess it isn't for a GPU...
January 18, 2007 9:46:04 PM

Quote:
Well it says for my GPU the core slowdown threshold is 130c. Can they really get that hot o_O?

Mine right now is running at idle at about 50c, when playing a game I imagine it goes up more depending on how graphics intensive it is. How much heat can a GPU take? Because that seems pretty hot, though if the slowdown threshold is that high then I guess it isn't for a GPU...

ihave seen my 68gt as high as 110c 8O .

still works fine though.
January 19, 2007 12:16:03 AM

It's not just a matter of what the threshold is but what I can personally take... excessive heat will put wear and tear on your component, will it make it fail? maybe not but I also have my gpu's oc'd so I'd rather not take that chance...

I'm not saying you have to do what I did but my water cooled 7800GTX's in SLI never get above 40C even OC'd by 15%
January 19, 2007 12:59:02 AM

like waylander said.

they can handle high heat but you want to keep them as cool as possiable.

my gpu ran at idle of 70c and load of 110c for around 2 months
before i found the problem.

that was over a year ago it still works and has been oc,ed since.

of course it runs much cooler now.
January 19, 2007 1:35:14 AM

Everest is a nice program for all those temps and a lot more. Does CPUz stuff accurately. Does Core Temp stuff. Has a good stress test and a set of benchmarking tools. Kidof rolls up a lot of functionality in one package.

Tom
!