Unable to log on to server.

Assistant netwotk admin. got group policy happy and now
no one can log in to tje server. Get message something
like: group policies prevent interactive login. How can
this be corrected. or how do you replace the group
policies filet hat is preventing system logon. At this
point not even the Administrator an log in to the server.
The server is running Windows 2000 Advanced server.
Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!
Robert.

I am assuming this is not a domain controller or domain member? If that is correct
you can try to connect to that computer from a remote computer on the lan. One way
would be to use psexec from SysInternals to get a command prompt on your remote
computer screen for the locked out computer using " psexec \\lockedoutcomputer
cmd.exe " . The run the secedit command as shown in the KB link below and append "
/areas user_rights " to the end of the command to reset just user rights assignments.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;313222
http://www.sysinternals.com/ntw2k/freeware/psexec.shtml

Otherwise try using ntrights from the Resource Kit to remotely configure the user
right for logon locally and/or deny logon locally depending on what he configured to
reverse the bad policy. --- Steve

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;276590
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;279664
http://www.petri.co.il/download_free_reskit_tools.htm -- get ntrights from here.

"Robert Wheeler" <Rwheeler@vbgov.com> wrote in message
> Assistant netwotk admin. got group policy happy and now
> no one can log in to tje server. Get message something
> like: group policies prevent interactive login. How can
> this be corrected. or how do you replace the group
> policies filet hat is preventing system logon. At this
> point not even the Administrator an log in to the server.
> The server is running Windows 2000 Advanced server.
> Any help will be greatly appreciated.
> Thanks!
> Robert.

Steven,
Thanks for the info. It allowed access to the server to
repair the group policies.
Thanks again for your help.
Robert.

us;276590