Sign in with
Your question

Warcraft Freezing up on 7600GT & x1800GTO

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
January 17, 2007 9:48:00 PM

My friend's warcraft constatntly freezes up within 5 minutes of play. Sometimes it just freezes up for 2 seconds (still a problem if it happens at a bad time) and then usually within a few minutes will freeze up altogether (not responding although not using up the cpu any). I have tried both an eVGA e-Geforce 7600GT and a Sapphire radeon x1800 GTO and both failed although they should be more than enough to play the game.

The system is:
Athlon64 3700+ (939 Single Core)
Asus A8R32-MVP Deluxe
1GB Kingston RAM
300GB SATA HD (Seagate)

Nothing is overclocked, nor has it ever been and the system works perfect on other tasks. Any free games and such I should download that would help me determine if this is a vid card / driver / virus ... problem? AVG & Kapersky found nothing apparently, and I disabled these to run the game though to see if that mattered.

Any ideas on what I should check next are welcome.
Thanks,
Jo
January 17, 2007 9:55:03 PM

Finally, hardware is standing up and battling the abuse it takes by being forced to play crap games.

Seriosuly, Warcraft is rubbish.

Seriosuly take 2, are you giving enough power to the graphics cards? Borecraft isn't hugely demanding on anything (especially capturing interest) but it is unusual to see it crash where more demanding games will still run.
January 17, 2007 10:25:49 PM

Don't be an a$$hole, posting just to flame someone for theie preferences shows others that you clearly lack any real maturity.

As far as your issue JMecc ...try this on your friends computer, hopefully that should help.

Here is the support page that you can find that link on.

Best of luck
~3lfk1ng
Related resources
January 17, 2007 10:34:12 PM

He ran a repair utility from Blizzard; I assume it's the one in your link but I will make sure. Thanks 3lfk1ng.

Jo
January 17, 2007 10:43:08 PM

Quote:
Don't be an a$$hole, posting just to flame someone for theie preferences shows others that you clearly lack any real maturity.

You clearly lack humour.
!