settings group policies on a 2000 application terminal ser..

I am wanting to set some policies on a windows 2000
application terminal server to acomplish the following;

1.) forceing the users proxy settings to a server (but
specificly not letting the users change it back)

2.) Letting users change reuse their old passwords

3.) Limit the size of any user's temporary internet files
without having to manual set them.

thank you
5 answers Last reply
More about settings group policies 2000 application terminal

    1. There is a group policy setting to set proxy settings under "User
    Configuration\Windows Settings\Internet explorer
    maintenance\connection\Proxy setting"

    2. If the users are logging on using a Domain account then the domain
    password settings will apply. You will need to change the "enforce password
    history" setting in the default domain policy so that passwords are not
    remembered.

    3. 274846 How To Set Advanced Settings In Internet Explorer by Using Group
    Policy http://support.microsoft.com/?id=274846

    "Jason Garrett" <jgarrett@universityloft.com> wrote in message
    > I am wanting to set some policies on a windows 2000
    > application terminal server to acomplish the following;
    >
    > 1.) forceing the users proxy settings to a server (but
    > specificly not letting the users change it back)
    >
    > 2.) Letting users change reuse their old passwords
    >
    > 3.) Limit the size of any user's temporary internet files
    > without having to manual set them.
    >
    > thank you

    Thank you very much for the feedback. i do have one more
    question, where do you find the default domain policy?

    thanks

    I should say where in group policy is the "enforce
    password history"?

    thanks again

    Here is the information on the setting and its location.

    Enforce password history
    Computer Configuration\Windows Settings\Security Settings\Account
    Policies\Password Policy

    Description
    Determines the number of unique new passwords that have to be associated
    with a user account before an old password can be reused. The value must be
    between 0 and 24 passwords.

    By default, this setting is defined in the Default Domain Group Policy
    object (GPO) and in the local security policy of workstations and servers
    with a value of 1.

    The intent of this policy is to enable administrators to enhance security by
    ensuring that old passwords are not continually reused.

    Note

    For history to be effective, do not allow passwords to be changed
    immediately when configuring the Minimum password age.

    --
    Tim Hines, MCSE, MCSA
    Windows 2000 Directory Services

    from your issue.

    "Jason Garrrett" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > I should say where in group policy is the "enforce
    > password history"?
    >
    > thanks again

    begin 666 note.gif
    M1TE&.#EA"@`*`+/_`(V,C?__S/_,`/\%!?]=7<# P-/3TX6%A0("`@``````
    M`````````````````````"'Y! $```4`+ `````*``H```0H$,AI"AD@Z(T$
    AWEJ'%!DGC.1VG%4:&,@1'(5[&&%=@NC.U8B@,%B+```[
    `
    end

    Hello,

    I am trying to use the article http://support.microsoft.com/?id=274846 and
    when I follow the directions I get an mmc.exe app crash on 3 different PC's
    the event ID is 4097 please help

    "Tim Hines [MSFT]" wrote:

    > 1. There is a group policy setting to set proxy settings under "User
    > Configuration\Windows Settings\Internet explorer
    > maintenance\connection\Proxy setting"
    >
    > 2. If the users are logging on using a Domain account then the domain
    > password settings will apply. You will need to change the "enforce password
    > history" setting in the default domain policy so that passwords are not
    > remembered.
    >
    > 3. 274846 How To Set Advanced Settings In Internet Explorer by Using Group
    > Policy http://support.microsoft.com/?id=274846
    >

    > "Jason Garrett" <jgarrett@universityloft.com> wrote in message
    > > I am wanting to set some policies on a windows 2000
    > > application terminal server to acomplish the following;
    > >
    > > 1.) forceing the users proxy settings to a server (but
    > > specificly not letting the users change it back)
    > >
    > > 2.) Letting users change reuse their old passwords
    > >
    > > 3.) Limit the size of any user's temporary internet files
    > > without having to manual set them.
    > >
    > > thank you

Windows