building in canada...

Syntonic

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2007
I'm not in Canada but Directron and NCIX are what I hear on occasion. Ewiz ships to Canada too I believe and has nice reseller ratings but their BBB rating is a bit lacking so know what you are getting yourself into. There is Tigerdirect.ca and Amazon as well. There are the obvious results like CanadaComputers but obviously, I don't know the track record for these specific stores with no US counterpart so for reliability on stores on those, you'll have to do some googling or so.

skyguy

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2006
http://www.directcanada.com

http://www.ncix.com

I've used both. Direct Canada generally has better prices and free ground shipping. NCIX has a wider selection though for hard-to-find products.

Both are good, both reliable I've found. I prefer Direct Canada simply because of the prices. Keep an eye on their sales, they rotate them and you can find some decent deals on certain popular items.

G

There's also pccanada.com. Their prices seem to be pretty much on par with NCIX's, though selection isn't as good. Location might be a plus too (they're in west Toronto) - no shipping is always nice if you're ordering something big.

chogo

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2006
Also CanadaComputers.com has competitive pricing and have all sorts of stores throughout Ontario.

Generally, CanadaComputers.com and DirectCanada.com (BC) seem to have the lowest prices.

NCIX (BC) will price match competitors provided the item is in stock at the other place.

I have not purchased from any of these vendors but my friend frequently purchases from NCIX and he recommends them.

pottymonster

Distinguished
Dec 26, 2006
i bought all my parts from tigerdirect.ca and ncix.

tiger is a bit more expensive then ncix normally, but tiger had a 5.95 shipping deal going on at the time, so it balanced out. tiger pays attention to their shipping, its all packed really well. with ncix, it looks like they just threw it in a box and said "go my minions!". but i got everything in one piece, so i guess it was ok. plus, ncix only charges gst, no pst or hst.

like was said above, ncix has good selection, more brands. tiger has less brands. i would advice comparing prices at different stores, but dont forget to factor in shipping.

waylander

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2004
I've personally used:

ncix
canadacomputers
directcanada
bigfootcomputers (most expensive but one of Canada's best water cooling selections)
memoryexpress (my local but they also ship)

I've also ordered from frozencpu in the US and they were very good to deal with.

skyguy

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2006
The other thing is depends where you live......if NOT in B.C, then:

You can order from Direct Canada, only pay GST (no PST ;) ) with free ground shipping. If you're ordering a whole system, that alone can save you $100 easy.

Decad02

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2006

You can order from Direct Canada, only pay GST (no PST ;) ) with free ground shipping. If you're ordering a whole system, that alone can save you $100 easy.
Will they build your system? And why no PST?

LiuKang

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2007
I'm in Ottawa, and I always use PC Cyber -- great service, good prices (plus I have a corporate account with them).

Unfortunately, I pick my stuff up at any of their stores, so I can't vouch for their shipping, sorry.

waylander

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2004

No PST from Memory Express either (Alberta has no PST)

Bozzvegas

Distinguished
Dec 22, 2006
Tigerdirect.ca Has always been the best for me! great prices! Extremely fast shipping at low shipping cost!! But BEWARE if you need to call customer service your going to be on holf for at least 30 mins! ( was on hold for 90 mins one day at work on speakerphone)

Grizely1

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
NCIX always done great great business for me, they usually bump the shipping up to purolator AIR for free without even telling you (its nice getting something in 1 day when you thought you were going to have to wait 2 weeks). best prices i can find, better than tigerdirect by far.

not to mention NCIX always has sales on & very good combo deals.

Bozzvegas

Distinguished
Dec 22, 2006
I have just Been checking out a site called DIRECTCANADA.COM Very Very competitive prices!! If their customer service and shipping match their prices i might have to go with them!!! :D

ZozZoz

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2006
If you're in Vancouver by any chance, take the 99 b-line to 110 East 10th. I hope the tiny store called ATIC is still there :)). They got the lowest prices in town, (but the most horrible service).

JMecc

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2006
In Vancouver also on Broadway where the 99 goes there is 'Generic Computer' ( http://www.genericcomputer.com/shop/ ) not too far from NCIX.

Jo

No1sFanboy

Distinguished
Mar 9, 2006
I've used:
Tiger Direct (all over the place on price)
NCIX
Canada Computers

I've done a lot with Canada Computers in the past year. They almost always have the best price, even comparable to the best US prices after exchange. If you are in Southern Ontario use their online inventory and save shipping.

skyguy

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2006
Bozz, I've used Direct Canada, NCIX, Tigerdirect, and Canada Computers. Direct Canada has the best prices, generally speaking, and free ground shipping to boot! And if you don't live in B.C., then you just gotta pay GST only ;)

I had an issue and they were very quick to help, so I'd recommend them and will definitely be using them again too.