  • Windows
Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
Share
July 14, 2004 6:45:49 PM

On my Win2000 Server I have a number of software installations that get
installed on computer startup via a GPO, this all works fine.

However, I have a msi package I want to install which I need to set switches
for, i.e. /T /J etc. However I see no way of doing this, and can't seem to
find out from anywhere

Has anyone any ideas or tips?

Thanks for any help you can give

Regards

Phil

More about : software installation msi switches

Anonymous
July 14, 2004 6:45:50 PM

Phil-
What do those switches do? Typically the way to implement this if the
switches are modifying some MSI behavior is to create a transform and then
associate it with the package.

--
Darren Mar-Elia
MS-MVP-Windows Management