GP options not showing up for custom ADM

I'm trying to add an administrative template for Adobe 6 to a new group
policy in Active Directory 2000. I can successfully load the file into the
GP by right clicking "Administrative Templates"|Add/Remove Templates and
adding the AR60.adm file (shown below). The problem is that none of the adm
options for user or computer are showing up int the details pane of the
group policy. Why is this?
Thanks,
Jim

AR60.adm
---
;This template configures various settings for Adobe Acrobat Reader version
6.0

;Developed by: Dan Thomson (www.myITforum.com columnist)
;Contact info: dethomson@hotmail.com
;Date last modified: 2-9-04
;version: 1.0

;This file is provided AS IS for informational purposes to help assist other
;administrators in maintaining a high degree of client manageability.

;Be sure to fully test this in a lab environment PRIOR to implementation.
;The author makes no guarantee or warranty. IE: Use at your own risk.

;CLASS MACHINE

; CATEGORY "Adobe Acrobat Reader 6.0"

; This insn't needed when setting this value in HKCU\... as I am doing
below.
; POLICY "Disable EULA"
; KEYNAME "Software\Adobe\Acrobat Reader\6.0\AdobeViewer"
; EXPLAIN "Setting this policy disables the EULA at initial start of
Adobe Acrobat Reader. This setting is for all users."
; VALUENAME "EULA"
; VALUEON NUMERIC 1
; VALUEOFF NUMERIC 0
; END POLICY

; END CATEGORY

CLASS USER

CATEGORY "Adobe Acrobat Reader 6.0"

POLICY "Disable EULA"
KEYNAME "Software\Adobe\Acrobat Reader\6.0\AdobeViewer"
EXPLAIN "Setting this policy disables EULA at initial start of Adobe
Acrobat Reader"
VALUENAME "EULA"
VALUEON NUMERIC 1
VALUEOFF NUMERIC 0
END POLICY

POLICY "Disable startup splash screen"
KEYNAME "Software\Adobe\Acrobat Reader\6.0\Originals"
EXPLAIN "Set this value to not show the splash screen when Adobe Acrobat
Reader loads"
VALUENAME "bDisplayAboutDialog"
VALUEON NUMERIC 0
VALUEOFF NUMERIC 1
END POLICY

POLICY "Disable update notification"
KEYNAME "Software\Adobe\Acrobat Reader\6.0\Updater"
EXPLAIN "Set this value to not show the update notification during Adobe
Acrobat Reader startup"
VALUENAME "bShowNotifDialog"
VALUEON NUMERIC 0
VALUEOFF NUMERIC 1
END POLICY

POLICY "Set automatic update interval"
KEYNAME "Software\Adobe\Acrobat Reader\6.0\Updater"
EXPLAIN !!AutoUpdateInterval
PART "UpdateFrequency" DROPDOWNLIST REQUIRED
VALUENAME "iUpdateFrequency"
ITEMLIST
NAME "Never" VALUE NUMERIC 0 DEFAULT
NAME "Every Month" VALUE NUMERIC 1
END ITEMLIST
END PART
END POLICY

END CATEGORY

[Strings]
AutoUpdateInterval="If you enable this policy, Acrobat Reader will no longer
automatically check for updates"

I responded earlier to a similar question:

Group Policy editor by default hides policies that modify registry values
outside of the 4 special policy keys. In order for you to see the policy
you need to do the following:

On Windows 2000:
1. Select Administrative Templates
2. Under the View menu at the top remove the check from "Show policies only"

On Windows XP/2003
1. Select Administrative Templates
2. Under the View menu at the top, click Filtering
3. Uncheck "Only show policy settings that can be fully managed"
Note: anytime this policy is edited you will need to remove that check to
see it.

--
Gary Mudgett, MCSE, MCSA
Windows 2000/2003 Directory Services

from your issue.

"Jims" <biz@neocasa.net> wrote in message
> [...]
> EXPLAIN "Set this value to not show the update notification during
Adobe
> Acrobat Reader startup"
> VALUENAME "bShowNotifDialog"
> VALUEON NUMERIC 0
> VALUEOFF NUMERIC 1
> END POLICY
>
> POLICY "Set automatic update interval"
> KEYNAME "Software\Adobe\Acrobat Reader\6.0\Updater"
> EXPLAIN !!AutoUpdateInterval
> PART "UpdateFrequency" DROPDOWNLIST REQUIRED
> VALUENAME "iUpdateFrequency"
> ITEMLIST
> NAME "Never" VALUE NUMERIC 0 DEFAULT
> NAME "Every Month" VALUE NUMERIC 1
> END ITEMLIST
> END PART
> END POLICY
>
> END CATEGORY
>
> [Strings]
> AutoUpdateInterval="If you enable this policy, Acrobat Reader will no

Big thanks Gary.
Jim