don't cache credentials

does anybody know how i can prevent a computer from caching credentials
or how i can delete cached credentials from a win2000 computer??

Omko Huizenga

On Thu, 15 Jul 2004 16:02:55 +0200, "omko h" <omkoh@hotmail.com> wrote:

>does anybody know how i can prevent a computer from caching credentials
>or how i can delete cached credentials from a win2000 computer??
>
>Omko Huizenga

DELPROF.exe.

Download it from tip 6705 in the 'Tips & Tricks' at http://www.jsiinc.com

To delete the local profile when the user logs off, see tip 3160.

Jerold Schulman
Windows: General MVP
JSI, Inc.
http://www.jsiinc.com

omko h wrote:

> does anybody know how i can prevent a computer from caching credentials
> or how i can delete cached credentials from a win2000 computer??
Hi

Disable cached credentials logon by setting the registry
setting CachedLogonsCount to 0:

Cached Logon Information
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;172931

the 1328 page Scripting Guide:

thanks!
but I think that I did not describe my problem correctly.
it is oke that the computer caches logon credentiails.

The problem that happens is that there are also credentials cached in the
profile of a user. I have a user that was able to connect from one computer
to another. But then she changed her password and she was not able to
connect to the other computer anymore. as a workaround we deleted her
profile. but if this happens again sometime in the future i want to be able
to present a real sollution. everything happens in a win2000 active dir
domain

Omko

"Torgeir Bakken (MVP)" <Torgeir.Bakken-spam@hydro.com> schreef in bericht
> omko h wrote:
>
> > does anybody know how i can prevent a computer from caching credentials
> > or how i can delete cached credentials from a win2000 computer??
> Hi
>
> Disable cached credentials logon by setting the registry
> setting CachedLogonsCount to 0:
>
> Cached Logon Information
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;172931

> the 1328 page Scripting Guide:

On Windows XP there is the credential manager that if there are stored
credentials that would give the behavior that you are describing.
1. While logged on as the user bring up Control Panel, and bring up User
Accounts.
2. On the Advanced tab, click the Manage Passwords button.

There might be some credentials that were saved there. You can remove
those.

On Windows 2000, for mapped drives you should just need to logoff/logon and
it will prompt for credentials again to remap the drive.

--
Gary Mudgett, MCSE, MCSA
Windows 2000/2003 Directory Services

from your issue.