Watercooling question?

Apoc

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2007
In you expert opinion,
1) What way would u recommend to get into Watercooling?

2) Would you buy a Watercooled case or pick a case u like and add the watercooling to it.

3) Whats the cheaper option?

4) Also, what companies are the most reputable, are thier some that excel in Cases and others in External Kits?

clue69less

Splendid
Mar 2, 2006
In you expert opinion,
1) What way would u recommend to get into Watercooling?

The patient way.

2) Would you buy a Watercooled case or pick a case u like and add the watercooling to it.

I like building and modding so prebuilts are sacriligious.

3) Whats the cheaper option?

I wouldn't go that way.

4) Also, what companies are the most reputable, are thier some that excel in Cases and others in External Kits?

Swiftech makes great parts and kits. Check out this Koolance prebuilt:

http://www.frozencpu.com/products/5103/cst-440/Koolance_PC3-720BK_Liquid_Cooled_Aluminum_Mid_Tower_Case_-_Black.html?tl=g30c83s532

waylander

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2004
Just like with computers you'll end up going with a DIY system anyway so I'd start there and get the components you want.

Prebuilt systems for cases are typically pretty bad in the tubing diameter and pump areas.

wun911

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2006
swiftec is nice

danger den is good when you want something that swiftec doesnt make

kits vary but are usually poor preformers and sometiems a good air cooler will beat a crap water cooling setup

end of the day you kina pay for what you get although Danger den is kinda over priced.

rickpcnerd

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2006
I will hiqhly recommend water cooling only for those who are serious overclockers who are trying to get the max speed out of their Processors or Video Cards at a good temperature, stable, with out frying hardware or windows crashes. If not overclocking or just overclocking a little i would not recommend water cooling... save your money for hardware upgrades. If u are
overclocking seriously, I would recommed a DIY water cooling. built water cooling in cases are crap. Remember power supply its the most important in overclocking. Make sure u have a very good power supply not a case install power supply wish also crap, or else u will end up damaging hardware.

The_Interloper

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2007
When considering watercooling, consider needs as well. I felt it was necessary for me to watercool once upon a time because I use to convert video alot which utilized 100% of my cpu and sometimes overheating it. I was always looking for a way to keep my computer cool, that's when I was introduced to watercooling (Koolance). I haven't look back since. I swear by watercooling. Every computer I've had since then has been water cooled, even though I stopped video editing a couple of years ago. I have long graduated from pre-built systems and recommend custom as the way to go. You really can't go wrong with custom whether it is Danger Den, Swiftech, or D-tek. Results will vary and most may be negligble but whatever route you take will be better than air.

Apoc

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2007
I was planning on OC'ing and cooling a Intel Quad and some Corsair dominators, also a DX10 card. Right now i have everything set up on my wishlist with Air Cooling. Water cooling is kind of intimidating but thats half the challenge. was just going make another build with water cooling and see the price difference from this build.

http://secure.newegg.com/NewVersion/wishlist/PublicWishDetail.asp?WishListNumber=4942907

Thanks for the info guys i think i will just stick to air cooling as im not going to OC to the max.

clue69less

Splendid
Mar 2, 2006
I was planning on OC'ing and cooling a Intel Quad and some Corsair dominators, also a DX10 card. Right now i have everything set up on my wishlist with Air Cooling. Water cooling is kind of intimidating but thats half the challenge. was just going make another build with water cooling and see the price difference from this build.

http://secure.newegg.com/NewVersion/wishlist/PublicWishDetail.asp?WishListNumber=4942907

Thanks for the info guys i think i will just stick to air cooling as im not going to OC to the max.

Considering the overall investment, bumping that 74GB Raptor to a 150 is worth the bucks.