EMachines T3508 Processor upgrade

Has anyone upgraded the processor in an EMachines T3508? If so, what processor did you use? Can a T3508 mobo handle a Pentium D or Pentium 4 processor? I've done all sorts of internet searches, and I haven't been able to find out anything about the mobo's Emachines uses in their computers, and I need to know for a friend who's wants to upgrade his processor. He's wanting to do some light gaming, and the Celeron D356 he currently has just isn't cutting it. Thanks for the help.
7 answers Last reply
More about emachines t3508 processor upgrade
  1. Errr, what socket pray tell?
  2. Looks like it's a socket 775 system.

Uses a Celeron D 356 CPU.

EMachine Specs

Not sure what the highest CPU that can be put in it though. Maybe PD 915? Not sure. Possibly.
  3. Yeah, I knew it was a 775 proc. I'm thinking an 805 would suit him pretty well. Fits in his price range (and would be great to overclock, obviously).
  4. It's not a mainstream board it's a proprietary board so over clocking is most likely out of the picture. My suggestion would be a pentium d 925. But the 805 would be a decent choice even if you can't overclock. just my opinion
  5. I have the same eMachine model, and also trying to upgrade my processor.
    The 805 seem to be different, 90nm instead of 65nm. Would it work?
  6. I tried a Pentium D 945 with out success. The motherboard that my T 3508 has is a Intel® Desktop Board D101GGC and the specs clearly says it supports Pentium D processors here is a link http://www.intel.com/support/motherboards/desktop/D101GGC/index.htm It also says that the Award bios flash 0313 is needed to run a Pentium D. But E-Machine puts their own bios in it and a Award flash will not work. So i tried a bios flash that E-Machine has on their product page. That still didn't work here is a link to that also http://www.emachines.com/support/product_support.html?cat=Desktops&subcat=T%20Series&model=T3508 All i can think to do is get rid of this crappy motherboard and get some thing to support my new processor :(
  7. I tried the same thing with mine and I got a Intel Pentium D 820 2.8GHz 800MHz 2MB Socket 775 Dual-Core CPU witch the intel site says it can work with but the bios is the problem. Just as above it could not work. So I have to got 4CoreDual-SATA2 R2.0 board that I'm working with. I will use the T3508 to surf and the 4coredual for gaming. ;-)
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Pentium Processors eMachines