Policy Seting not applying

avinash

Distinguished
Aug 21, 2003

I have set up ADS with 150 users .I tried to apply some
group policy to some users and group but it is not
applying on the clients system.I'm using win 2000 pro as
clients.Please help me out solving this problem..

First make sure that the users are within the scope of influence of the Group Policy
as in if you create a GPO at the Organizational Unit Level, the user accounts must
reside in that OU. Keep in mind that for domain users, account/password policy can
only be applied at the domain level. Use gpresult from the support tools to see from
what GPO's a user is redefining user configuration and the last time the policy was
applied. Of course your dns configuration for the domain must be correct in that the
domain members point ONLY to domain controllers as their preferred dns server as
shown by ipconfig /all and domain controllers point only to themselves or other
W2K/W2003 domain controllers running dns for the zone. --- Steve