Happy

Distinguished
Jun 23, 2004

but I don't know where to ask it. I follow this NG because I have XP, but
will be working tomorrow on a friend's computer, which has either 98 or 2000
on it.
Where can I look to ensure OS is up to date with latest security fixes etc

www.microsoft.com/security
windows updates?

tom
"Happy" <happy@trial.ca> wrote in message
| but I don't know where to ask it. I follow this NG because I have XP, but
| will be working tomorrow on a friend's computer, which has either 98 or
2000
| on it.
| Where can I look to ensure OS is up to date with latest security fixes
etc

windowsupdate.microsoft.com will still work for both those OS's.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"Happy" <happy@trial.ca> wrote in message
> but I don't know where to ask it. I follow this NG because I have XP, but
> will be working tomorrow on a friend's computer, which has either 98 or
> 2000 on it.
> Where can I look to ensure OS is up to date with latest security fixes
> etc

Happy

Distinguished
Jun 23, 2004

Thanks for both these, once i get on her computer, I'll scan, and follow
through links.
> windowsupdate.microsoft.com will still work for both those OS's.
>
> --
> Best of Luck,

> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
>
> "Happy" <happy@trial.ca> wrote in message
>> but I don't know where to ask it. I follow this NG because I have XP,
>> but will be working tomorrow on a friend's computer, which has either 98
>> or 2000 on it.
>> Where can I look to ensure OS is up to date with latest security fixes
>> etc

Update Windows from Windows Update on microsoft.com (for all versions of
windows)