Changing local machine group membership with GPO

Brad

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Hello
I am looking for a way to use GPO or a script in GPO to remove the Domain Users account from the local admin group on the client PCs
I want to then put the Domain users group into the local Power users group
Is there a way I can automate this..
TIA

You could use a startup script for computers via Group Policy. If need be put the
computers you want to effect change on in an Organizational Unit to do such. The net
localgroup command would work as in [ net localgroup administrators
"domainname\domain users" /delete] and [ net localgroup "power users"
"domainname\domain users" /add ]. --- Steve

"Brad" <Brad@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello
> I am looking for a way to use GPO or a script in GPO to remove the Domain Users
account from the local admin group on the client PCs
> I want to then put the Domain users group into the local Power users group
> Is there a way I can automate this..
> TIA

Brad

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Thanks for that, Exactly what i needed

"Steven L Umbach" wrote:

> You could use a startup script for computers via Group Policy. If need be put the
> computers you want to effect change on in an Organizational Unit to do such. The net
> localgroup command would work as in [ net localgroup administrators
> "domainname\domain users" /delete] and [ net localgroup "power users"
> "domainname\domain users" /add ]. --- Steve
>

> "Brad" <Brad@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hello
> > I am looking for a way to use GPO or a script in GPO to remove the Domain Users
> account from the local admin group on the client PCs
> > I want to then put the Domain users group into the local Power users group
> > Is there a way I can automate this..
> > TIA

TRENDING THREADS