applying polices additional languages support in GPO

I have a Domain Controller running Windows 2000 Server
English version. Client stations running on English
Windows XP and Windows 2000 applying domain polices
without any problems. But Polish Windows XP and Windows
2000 clients can't apply correctly policies. What is
interesting in winlogon.log file. System can't recognize
predefined groups like Authenticated Users, Everyone etc.
I didn't delete that groups.

/winlogon.log/

Error 1332: There are no mappings beetwen account name and
SID
Can't find Administrators.

below the same message in Polish (the same situation but
Authenticated Users group)

Błąd 1332: Nie zostało wykonane mapowanie między nazwami
kont a identyfikatorami zabezpieczeń.
Nie można odnaleźć Authenticated Users.

//
What may be the reasion ?

Thanks !!!

This sounds like an issue, where the policy has the text version of the name
instead of the SID value. Other languages do not spell Administator,
Everyone, Authenticated Users, etc the way it is in English so they cannot
recognize the value by trying to locate it by name.

--
Gary Mudgett, MCSE, MCSA
Windows 2000/2003 Directory Services

from your issue.

"Pawel" <pawel.mazurek@sews-e.com.pl> wrote in message
[...]

Thank's a lot

Yes Polish versions of clients can't translate that names.
How can I do English names (in policies) acceptable by
other language clients. I have multilanguage version of
Win XP and the same situation is then I set Polish
language as default. Environment in my network is
Multilanguage. How can I make English group names
acceptable for all clients ?

Then I'm setting policies on polish win xp by MMC
Managment console translating for example:
Wszyscy = Everyone
at this moment I have Wszyscy on screen.
But in moment then I'm adding this setting to policy
object system automaticly converting polish name to
English. I have Everyone not Wszyscy in policy.

confers no rights.

>"Pawel" <pawel.mazurek@sews-e.com.pl> wrote in message
>I have a Domain Controller running Windows 2000 Server
>English version. Client stations running on English
>Windows XP and Windows 2000 applying domain polices
>without any problems. But Polish Windows XP and Windows
>2000 clients can't apply correctly policies. What is
>interesting in winlogon.log file. System can't recognize
>predefined groups like Authenticated Users, Everyone etc.
>I didn't delete that groups.
>
>/winlogon.log/
>
>Error 1332: There are no mappings beetwen account name and
>SID
> Can't find Administrators.
>
>below the same message in Polish (the same situation but
>Authenticated Users group)
>
>Błąd 1332: Nie zostało wykonane mapowanie między nazwami
>kont a identyfikatorami zabezpieczeń.
> Nie można odnaleźć Authenticated Users.
>
>//
>What may be the reasion ?
>
>Thanks !!!
>

>.

There might be a hotfix that will help you out:
329816 Cannot apply policies that are edited with a computer running
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=329816

It was my understanding that in the policy it would attempt to store the
information as the SID, which is global. This seems to be a case where they
are stored as localized strings, instead. As a wordaround you could edit
the gptmpl.inf file for the policy and replace the names with the well-known
sid for the account.

--

<pawel.mazurek@sews-p.com.pl> wrote in message
Thank's a lot

Yes Polish versions of clients can't translate that names.
How can I do English names (in policies) acceptable by
other language clients. I have multilanguage version of
Win XP and the same situation is then I set Polish
language as default. Environment in my network is
Multilanguage. How can I make English group names
acceptable for all clients ?

Then I'm setting policies on polish win xp by MMC
Managment console translating for example:
Wszyscy = Everyone
at this moment I have Wszyscy on screen.
But in moment then I'm adding this setting to policy
object system automaticly converting polish name to
English. I have Everyone not Wszyscy in policy.

confers no rights.