login script nightmare help!

Hi folks,

We just ugraded to Windows 2000(yeah, kinda late eh, i know). Well,
anyway, we have aprox 55 users. We have one DC(running AD) and one member
server(win2k also,but no AD yet). Heres thing, got me buzzed. I just
created a simple scripts, like mapping a simple drives. If I put the login
script in the User Profile and it will map all the drive. Now, if I put
this login script in the GPO, it wont do jack. I have it right place for
sure, no matter what, it just wont map the drive. So, any Win2Kx guru's
here can help out?

thanks
5 answers Last reply
More about login script nightmare help

    On Tue, 20 Jul 2004 09:01:40 -0400, "klync" <ikendo17@nospamkatapole.com> wrote:

    >Hi folks,
    >
    > We just ugraded to Windows 2000(yeah, kinda late eh, i know). Well,
    >anyway, we have aprox 55 users. We have one DC(running AD) and one member
    >server(win2k also,but no AD yet). Heres thing, got me buzzed. I just
    >created a simple scripts, like mapping a simple drives. If I put the login
    >script in the User Profile and it will map all the drive. Now, if I put
    >this login script in the GPO, it wont do jack. I have it right place for
    >sure, no matter what, it just wont map the drive. So, any Win2Kx guru's
    >here can help out?
    >
    >thanks

    See http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;322241
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;198642

    Jerold Schulman
    Windows: General MVP
    JSI, Inc.
    http://www.jsiinc.com

    Hi,
    I had a problem running scripts in the GPO because I
    still have Windows 98 workstations on my network. When
    my Windows XP machine logged on it couldn't read both
    scripts. The solution was to remove from the gpo until
    all my machines are Windows XP.
    Not sure, it this applies to you.
    Sherry

    We use all Win2k and XP pro. NO win9x here.
    Does it matter, if the scripts were made from VBS or BAT?

    klync wrote:

    > We use all Win2k and XP pro. NO win9x here.
    > Does it matter, if the scripts were made from VBS or BAT?
    Hi

    No.

    Frequently Asked Questions about Logon Scripts
    http://www.rlmueller.net/LogonScriptFAQ.htm

    the 1328 page Scripting Guide:

    okay guys, thanks I got it to work :)
    im using simple *.bat file.

    "Torgeir Bakken (MVP)" <Torgeir.Bakken-spam@hydro.com> wrote in message
    > klync wrote:
    >
    > > We use all Win2k and XP pro. NO win9x here.
    > > Does it matter, if the scripts were made from VBS or BAT?
    > Hi
    >
    > No.
    >

    > Frequently Asked Questions about Logon Scripts
    > http://www.rlmueller.net/LogonScriptFAQ.htm

    > the 1328 page Scripting Guide:

Login Windows