login script nightmare help!

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
July 20, 2004 1:01:40 PM

Hi folks,

We just ugraded to Windows 2000(yeah, kinda late eh, i know). Well,
anyway, we have aprox 55 users. We have one DC(running AD) and one member
server(win2k also,but no AD yet). Heres thing, got me buzzed. I just
created a simple scripts, like mapping a simple drives. If I put the login
script in the User Profile and it will map all the drive. Now, if I put
this login script in the GPO, it wont do jack. I have it right place for
sure, no matter what, it just wont map the drive. So, any Win2Kx guru's
here can help out?

thanks

More about : login script nightmare

Anonymous
July 20, 2004 3:27:31 PM

On Tue, 20 Jul 2004 09:01:40 -0400, "klync" <ikendo17@nospamkatapole.com> wrote:

>Hi folks,
>
> We just ugraded to Windows 2000(yeah, kinda late eh, i know). Well,
>anyway, we have aprox 55 users. We have one DC(running AD) and one member
>server(win2k also,but no AD yet). Heres thing, got me buzzed. I just
>created a simple scripts, like mapping a simple drives. If I put the login
>script in the User Profile and it will map all the drive. Now, if I put
>this login script in the GPO, it wont do jack. I have it right place for
>sure, no matter what, it just wont map the drive. So, any Win2Kx guru's
>here can help out?
>
>thanks

See http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;322241
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;198642

Jerold Schulman
Windows: General MVP
JSI, Inc.
http://www.jsiinc.com
Anonymous
July 20, 2004 3:27:32 PM

Hi,
I had a problem running scripts in the GPO because I
still have Windows 98 workstations on my network. When
my Windows XP machine logged on it couldn't read both
scripts. The solution was to remove from the gpo until
all my machines are Windows XP.
Not sure, it this applies to you.
Sherry

Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
Anonymous
July 20, 2004 4:56:05 PM

We use all Win2k and XP pro. NO win9x here.
Does it matter, if the scripts were made from VBS or BAT?

> Hi,
> I had a problem running scripts in the GPO because I
> still have Windows 98 workstations on my network. When
> my Windows XP machine logged on it couldn't read both
> scripts. The solution was to remove from the gpo until
> all my machines are Windows XP.
> Not sure, it this applies to you.
> Sherry

Anonymous
July 20, 2004 11:24:48 PM

klync wrote:

> We use all Win2k and XP pro. NO win9x here.
> Does it matter, if the scripts were made from VBS or BAT?
Hi

No.

Frequently Asked Questions about Logon Scripts
http://www.rlmueller.net/LogonScriptFAQ.htm

the 1328 page Scripting Guide:
July 21, 2004 5:06:00 PM

okay guys, thanks I got it to work :)