p5w dh deluxe intel raid drivers.

cuppachar

Distinguished
Jul 19, 2006
Is there any chance of someone posting up the DIRECT link to the latest or best intel ichr7 raid drivers for my mobo. Whenever I install xp using the intel controller for some bizarre reason it tells me the floppy is not accessable or not recognised I don't remember the message. This means I can't install on the intel controller so I use jmicron instead. Also do I have to enable achi in the bios before I install xp using the intel controller?
One other thing I have noticed is that when I do try to install zp and it checks the hardware configuration the screen is black as opposed to a nice shade of blue and then just goes black after checking hardware.
Btw please don't send me to the intel raid drivers page as it's so confusing to know exactly which file to put on floppy. I need the exact file or link otherwise I'm gonna waste time again putting the wrong file on the floppy. Sorry to be so incoherent but now is not a good time for me.
Thanks

Eurasianman

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2006
Haven't tried the RAID yet, but as far as SATA goes, to get the performance of SATA 2, I believe you have to set the IDE Configuration to ACHI or whatever.

Also, check the ASUS P5W DH Deluxe forums on the ASUS website.

Hope that helps.

If you try to install Vista... well, you'll have to change your IDE Configuration to IDE, else, you'll just get headaches trying to install Vista. I don't remember exactly what I did, but I somehow was able to get Vista 64 bit to run with the IDE Configuration set to ACHI. And no, I didn't do an upgrade from XP to Vista, even though this would have been easiest, but would also limit me to the 32 bit version.

cuppachar

Distinguished
Jul 19, 2006
Well thanks for the help but still no nearer a solution. This board has 3 different raid controllers.

Eurasianman, sorry to be rude but your post makes no sense whatsoever and if anything makes the situation worse for me as well as others.
" I believe you have to set the IDE Configuration to ACHI or whatever"
Erm hallo? This has to seen to be believed.
Please can anyone read my first post properly and furnish me with a correct answer.
I know I sound like a pompous ass but come on guys. If you don't know don't post.
Thanks.