Other users drive mapped all of a sudden

Danny

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Non of our login scripts have changed, nor have any AD settings, but the following has happened all of a sudden:

Domain Admin account XYZ logs in, and their user directory is mapped via batch login script, which maps \\adservername\%username% to a drive letter. But it also maps another admin's user directory - NOT what we want.

We are running Windows 2000 SP3 on the one and only DC, and Windows 2000 SP4 with all the latest publicly released patches.

The only significant change on the systems is the last round of MS security patches, but they were only applied on the workstations, not the servers yet.

Thank you,

....D

Danny-

If the \\adservername\%username% directory is getting mapped as a network drive where does the other user's directory get mapped to? Another drive letter? The same drive letter?

-Erik
--
This post is provided "AS IS" and without warranty, expressed or implied. In no event shall I be liable for any damages whatsoever resulting from the application of the posted content.

"Danny" wrote:

> Non of our login scripts have changed, nor have any AD settings, but the following has happened all of a sudden:
>
> Domain Admin account XYZ logs in, and their user directory is mapped via batch login script, which maps \\adservername\%username% to a drive letter. But it also maps another admin's user directory - NOT what we want.
>
> We are running Windows 2000 SP3 on the one and only DC, and Windows 2000 SP4 with all the latest publicly released patches.
>
> The only significant change on the systems is the last round of MS security patches, but they were only applied on the workstations, not the servers yet.
>
> Thank you,
>
> ...D

Danny

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

"Erik Szewczyk" wrote:

> Danny-
>
> If the \\adservername\%username% directory is getting mapped as a network drive where does the other user's directory get mapped to? Another drive letter? The same drive letter?

net use m: \\adservername\%USERNAME%
.... is in the script, and in the account properties:
\\adservername\profiles\blawblaw

Today the other users drive was not mapped, so it appears to be inconsistant. Nothing has changed since yesterday.

Thank you.