Group Policy not applied to Terminal Server Sessions

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
Share
July 20, 2004 8:13:36 PM

We have group policy forcing password protected screen savers to all users
in the domain. We do not want them applied to Terminal Server sessions. In
group policy
it is a user setting not a computer setting. How can we do this?

thanks,

scott
Anonymous
July 21, 2004 3:55:30 AM

Hi Scott.

Put your TS in it's own OU and configure a Group Policy for it. Configure user
configuration for that GPO to be what you want for users that logon to the TS. Then
enable loopback processing on that GPO under user configuration/administrative
templates/system/Group Policy - use loopback processing mode. Any user that logs onto
your TS will then receive the user configuration for that OU/GPO in a merge or
replace configuration. See the link below for more details. --- Steve

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;231287
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;260370

!