Daylight Savings settings.

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
July 21, 2004 1:13:02 PM

I'm running a Windows 2000 Active Directory network with Windows 2000 / XP professoinal workstations. The problem that I'm having is that some of the workstation do not have the "Automaticall adjust clock for daylight savings changes" checked on the workstations.

The time shows correctly on the Time server as well as the workstation but when you send an e-mail the e-mail arrives an hour off on the clients that do not have the Daylight savings box checked. I've made sure that all the time servers are correctly configured and that the time zone on all AD servers where correct. It is just this 1 little check box that is causing problems.

To my question; I wanted to know if there was a way to force this option in Group Policy on a Windows 2000 DC? This would save me the hassle of having to check a couple hundred workstation! Any comments / suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance
Anonymous
July 22, 2004 2:13:53 PM

On Wed, 21 Jul 2004 09:13:02 -0700, "tracert"
<tracert@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I'm running a Windows 2000 Active Directory network with Windows 2000 / XP professoinal workstations. The problem that I'm having is that some of the workstation do not have the "Automaticall adjust clock for daylight savings changes" checked on the workstations.
>
>The time shows correctly on the Time server as well as the workstation but when you send an e-mail the e-mail arrives an hour off on the clients that do not have the Daylight savings box checked. I've made sure that all the time servers are correctly configured and that the time zone on all AD servers where correct. It is just this 1 little check box that is causing problems.
>
>To my question; I wanted to know if there was a way to force this option in Group Policy on a Windows 2000 DC? This would save me the hassle of having to check a couple hundred workstation! Any comments / suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
>
>Thanks in advance

See tip 1402 in the 'Tips & Tricks' at http://www.jsiinc.com

Jerold Schulman
Windows: General MVP