scripting local system policy on a standalong Windows 2000..

We have a standalone Windows 2000 server system w/o AD and we have created an unattended installation (UAI) with ghosting to replicate our systems. Is there a way to script applying local system policies so we can automate this into our unattended installation. We were thinking that poledit.exe might have some command line options (similar to using secedit for security but applying policies programmatically)?

For example I can use the local policy MMC snap in and click on all the settings (for example, disable screensaver tab, disable cmd, set IE settings, etc). However, rather than manually setting, then ghosting we'd like to create a template, copy that into a file and apply it programmatically during our UAI/ghosting process. I've tried individual registry key settings DisableCMD, NoDispScrSavPage, etc but this only seems to apply to the currently logged in account and not across the machine.

Is this possible?

Thanks!

Rich

On Wed, 21 Jul 2004 14:39:05 -0700, "rarngc@community.nospam"
<rarngc@community.nospam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>We have a standalone Windows 2000 server system w/o AD and we have created an unattended installation (UAI) with ghosting to replicate our systems. Is there a way to script applying local system policies so we can automate this into our unattended installation. We were thinking that poledit.exe might have some command line options (similar to using secedit for security but applying policies programmatically)?
>
>For example I can use the local policy MMC snap in and click on all the settings (for example, disable screensaver tab, disable cmd, set IE settings, etc). However, rather than manually setting, then ghosting we'd like to create a template, copy that into a file and apply it programmatically during our UAI/ghosting process. I've tried individual registry key settings DisableCMD, NoDispScrSavPage, etc but this only seems to apply to the currently logged in account and not across the machine.
>
>Is this possible?
>
>Thanks!
>
>Rich

Try tip 3612 in the 'Tips & Tricks' at http://www.jsiinc.com