Unable to update or load any drivers

wmike632

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2011
I am running windows 7 home edition

A couple months ago I got the bad image date virus that disable my google chrome and my epson workforce printer, I had found it disable my print spooler, I got rid the the virus, but it did more damage, I uninstalled the printer drivers and went through the windows services and set them all to automatic, but I cannot reinstall the driver, then I saw my graphics and sound drivers are out dated but I cannot update them either, it just times out when I try to update them.
I noticed when I try to update other programs, they hang up on the system restore point, so I tried to create a new one
I get the shadow volume cannot be created message, I set the shadow volume services to automatic, and went through all the dependency's but I still can't create a restore point, I am guessing the problems are related

wmike632

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2011
The drivers that I have tried to update are not windows drivers, they are
Epson workforce
ati radeon hd
my hard drives
ide ata/atapi

amd high definition audio device

I have dell data safe and that won't back up either, it just times out, so I am thinking it is something that controls all drivers and all back up systems that is effected

Big_Papa_Smurf

Distinguished
Jul 4, 2011
I suspect you may still be infected or at least haven't cleaned your system fully.

How do you know you got rid of the virus?

I would try what almartin in case the virus damaged some of the OS files.