Disabling Internet Explorer

Is there a way to disable browsers such as Internet
Explorer so that users will not be able to browse the
internet?
1 answer Last reply
More about disabling internet explorer

    You can try to use ntfs permissions or Group Policy disallowed Windows
    applications list to restrict what application a user can execute, but in my
    opinion that is less than reliable. Even if you disable the ability of a user to
    run Internet Explorer, users may still find that they can browse the internet
    through Windows Explorer or even urls in Word documents. A far better option is
    to restrict user access at your firewall by blocking access to the internet.
    Even the cheapest consumer NAT routers can do such these days. An alternative
    may be to use ipsec filtering policies on computers that you want to restrict
    access to the internet by using permit and block rules. --- Steve

    http://www.securityfocus.com/infocus/1559 -- how to make ipsec filtering
    policies.

    "sherman" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

    > Is there a way to disable browsers such as Internet
    > Explorer so that users will not be able to browse the
    > internet?

Internet Explorer Microsoft Internet Windows