Help from cdclone veterans!

Jeaze

Distinguished
Jan 8, 2001
I have been trying to make a backup copy of my retail version of Age of Kings. I get read errors all over and I don't know what to do. I have clonecd ver 2.8.5.2 and my burner is a NEC 7700a which should work with this version of cdclone. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

stonerboy

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Check out www.gamecopyworld.com and look for a crack to copy the CD. Lots of CD's now a days have copy protections on them so you can't just pop them in and burn them.

"In three words I can sum up everything I've learned in life: It goes on." -Robert Frost

Bubba

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Do you have DMA enabled for the drive you are trying to read from?
Also, you could try just putting the game in the burner drive and then copying it from there. After all, it always copies it to you hard drive first anyway.

Back off man, I'm a scientist

ianmills

Distinguished
May 20, 2001
I wouldn't worry about it........ The errors are often intentionally burned into the cd as a type of copy protection.

Just co[y the cd and ignore the errors. The cd copy should be fine....... you just might need to get download some patches in order to get the copied cd to work on your computer.

luvs and hugs ian

Pettytheft

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2001
use this program to set the proper setting for clone CD. It also detects which type of Copy protection is on the CD.

<A HREF="http://www.mod.myokay.net/english/StarGate.html" target="_new">CloneCD Database</A>

I have yet to fail on a burn.

Blah, Blah Blahh, Blahh, blahh blah blahh, blah blah.