Hi

I play NWN with Linux and it is bucking. i dont know why. i use wineX
and the emulated games work perfect (GTA3...).

I use the minimum of grafiks and so on.

I use Nvidia GForce 4, Kernel 2.4.26

Plz. Help!

cu

Manuel
--
.''`. Ich nutze Debian Sarge. ---> GNU/Linux
: :' : Mach Dir das Betriebssystem untertan!

Leo Fellmann schrieb:
Hi

I use NWN native (not the windoof version) but its still bucking.
-------------------------

Plz. Help

cu

Manuel

--

Leo Fellmann schrieb:

> Ok, then I have a few suggestions:
>
> 1. check the graphics card drivers. If you have somehow reverted to Mesa
> it will be slow :)
I use Nvidia drivers.
> 2. Do a ps aux and see what's running in the background - maybe
> something is interfering.

what is that? for example?

> 3. check that SDL is in working order

How?

> Actually running glxgears might be a good idea, see if that works nicely
> and then we can rule out problems with graphics card drivers.

Im have check is and it says:

manuel@erde:~$ glxgears
11300 frames in 5.0 seconds = 2260.000 FPS
manuel@erde:~$

Thx for Help

cu

Manuel

--

Manuel Soukup wrote:
> Leo Fellmann schrieb:
>
>> Ok, then I have a few suggestions:
>>
>> 1. check the graphics card drivers. If you have somehow reverted to Mesa
>> it will be slow :)
>
> I use Nvidia drivers.
>
>> 2. Do a ps aux and see what's running in the background - maybe
>> something is interfering.
>

> what is that? for example?
>
>> 3. check that SDL is in working order
>>
> How?
>
>> Actually running glxgears might be a good idea, see if that works nicely
>> and then we can rule out problems with graphics card drivers.
>>
> Im have check is and it says:
>
> manuel@erde:~$ glxgears
> 11300 frames in 5.0 seconds = 2260.000 FPS
> manuel@erde:~$

Hi Manuel
What "DefaultDepth" do you read in your /etc/X11/XF86Config-4.
Minimal is not gut for nwn. ;) change "DefaultDepth 16" to
"DefaultDepth 24" and you can begin a great adventure.
Vielleicht auch mal auf ImStahlgewitter
--
guenter gabler
ImStahlgewitter