Updates

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

I just went to Windows Update. There were eleven critical updates. This
seemed rather high since I just checked day before yesterday////
14 answers Last reply
More about updates
  1. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

    The updates were released Tuesday 8 February.
    Currently Microsoft releases updates the second Tuesday of the month.
    This has been this way for many months.

    --
    Jupiter Jones [MVP]
    http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/

    "BBUNNY" <bbunny@bqik.net> wrote in message
    >I just went to Windows Update. There were eleven critical updates. This
    > seemed rather high since I just checked day before yesterday////
  2. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

    Others have noted the same.

    --
    All the Best,
    Kelly (MS-MVP)

    Troubleshooting Windows XP
    http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com

    "BBUNNY" <bbunny@bqik.net> wrote in message
    >I just went to Windows Update. There were eleven critical updates. This
    > seemed rather high since I just checked day before yesterday////

  3. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

    They don't call it "Patch Tuesday" for nothing. :-)

    "BBUNNY" <bbunny@bqik.net> wrote in message
    >I just went to Windows Update. There were eleven critical updates. This
    > seemed rather high since I just checked day before yesterday////

  4. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

    I had ten critical updates for Windows and three enhancement updates for
    Office.

    "BBUNNY" <bbunny@bqik.net> wrote in message
    >I just went to Windows Update. There were eleven critical updates. This
    > seemed rather high since I just checked day before yesterday////

  5. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

    I had seven for my XP Pro and eight for my XP Home.
    --
    Alias

    >I had ten critical updates for Windows and three enhancement updates for
    >Office.

    > "BBUNNY" <bbunny@bqik.net> wrote in message
    >>I just went to Windows Update. There were eleven critical updates. This
    >> seemed rather high since I just checked day before yesterday////

  6. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

    So! Download them.

    --
    Regards,

    Richard Urban

    aka Crusty (-: Old B@stard :-)

    "BBUNNY" <bbunny@bqik.net> wrote in message
    >I just went to Windows Update. There were eleven critical updates. This
    > seemed rather high since I just checked day before yesterday////

  7. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

    Microsoft decided a year or two ago to reduce the confusion
    and they now try to release updates on a monthly schedule.
    They released a bunch this time, there are also OFFICE
    updates, so when you finish with the Windows updates, click
    the link at the top of the update page to go to OFFICE
    Updates. If you have a recent version, it will scan just
    like Windows and select the proper updates, if you still
    have OFFICE 97, you'll have to look them up.

    "Crusty (-: Old B@stard :-)"
    <richardurbanREMOVETHIS@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    | So! Download them.
    |
    | --
    | Regards,
    |
    | Richard Urban
    |
    | aka Crusty (-: Old B@stard :-)
    |
    | If you knew as much as you think you know,
    | You would realize that you don't know what you thought you
    knew!

    | "BBUNNY" <bbunny@bqik.net> wrote in message
    | >I just went to Windows Update. There were eleven
    critical updates. This
    | > seemed rather high since I just checked day before
    yesterday////

  8. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

    Yes, I quite like their revamped critical update webpage, at least you have
    options now & know what they're on about.
    Also their d'load system appears to run much smoother.

    --

    johnf

    > The updates were released Tuesday 8 February.
    > Currently Microsoft releases updates the second Tuesday of the month.
    > This has been this way for many months.
    >
    > --
    > Jupiter Jones [MVP]
    > http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/
    >

    > "BBUNNY" <bbunny@bqik.net> wrote in message
    >>I just went to Windows Update. There were eleven critical updates. This
    >>seemed rather high since I just checked day before yesterday////
  9. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

    BTW - The latest update for Office 97 and individual components appears to
    be still Nov 11, 03.
    http://office.microsoft.com/en-ca/officeupdate/CD010224961033.aspx
    You are not hiding any are you Jim. ;)

    r.

    > Microsoft decided a year or two ago to reduce the confusion
    > and they now try to release updates on a monthly schedule.
    > They released a bunch this time, there are also OFFICE
    > updates, so when you finish with the Windows updates, click
    > the link at the top of the update page to go to OFFICE
    > Updates. If you have a recent version, it will scan just
    > like Windows and select the proper updates, if you still
    > have OFFICE 97, you'll have to look them up.

    > "Crusty (-: Old B@stard :-)"
    > <richardurbanREMOVETHIS@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > | So! Download them.
    > |
    > | --
    > | Regards,
    > |
    > | Richard Urban
    > |
    > | aka Crusty (-: Old B@stard :-)
    > |
    > | If you knew as much as you think you know,
    > | You would realize that you don't know what you thought you
    > knew!
    > |

    > | "BBUNNY" <bbunny@bqik.net> wrote in message
    > | >I just went to Windows Update. There were eleven
    > critical updates. This
    > | > seemed rather high since I just checked day before
    > yesterday////

  10. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

    We have one old computer running Office 97, the only reason
    to upgrade (in my mind) is the easy update feature.
    Thanks for the Nov 11, 03 date.

    "namniar" <this@that> wrote in message
    | BTW - The latest update for Office 97 and individual
    components appears to
    | be still Nov 11, 03.

    http://office.microsoft.com/en-ca/officeupdate/CD010224961033.aspx
    | You are not hiding any are you Jim. ;)
    |
    | r.

    in message
    | > Microsoft decided a year or two ago to reduce the
    confusion
    | > and they now try to release updates on a monthly
    schedule.
    | > They released a bunch this time, there are also OFFICE
    | > updates, so when you finish with the Windows updates,
    click
    | > the link at the top of the update page to go to OFFICE
    | > Updates. If you have a recent version, it will scan
    just
    | > like Windows and select the proper updates, if you still
    | > have OFFICE 97, you'll have to look them up.
    | >

    | > --
    | >

    | > "Crusty (-: Old B@stard :-)"
    | > <richardurbanREMOVETHIS@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    | > | So! Download them.
    | > |
    | > | --
    | > | Regards,
    | > |
    | > | Richard Urban
    | > |
    | > | aka Crusty (-: Old B@stard :-)
    | > |
    | > | If you knew as much as you think you know,
    | > | You would realize that you don't know what you thought
    you
    | > knew!
    | > |
    | > |
    | > | "BBUNNY" <bbunny@bqik.net> wrote in message
    | > critical updates. This
    | > yesterday////

    | > |
    | > |

  11. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

    I needed nine on my XP Home here but no Office ones, Office 2000.
    Joan

    Alias wrote:
    > I had seven for my XP Pro and eight for my XP Home.
  12. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

    I wasn't counting the MS spyware removal tool. I didn't download that last
    time, this time and I won't download it next time. I had forgotten that I
    had opened Windows Messenger and it wouldn't let me in without downloading
    the update so, in effect, I had nine too, and chose to download eight.
    --
    Alias

    "Joan Archer" <Joan@nospam.com> wrote

    >I needed nine on my XP Home here but no Office ones, Office 2000.
    > Joan
    >
    > Alias wrote:
    >> I had seven for my XP Pro and eight for my XP Home.
  13. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

    I'm new here but not sure if this is where I'm supposed to be. I have a
    question about norton not allowing a windows update. norton window covers up
    update window...doesn't support repair-unistall/reinstall.....HUH???

    "Jim Macklin" wrote:

    > We have one old computer running Office 97, the only reason
    > to upgrade (in my mind) is the easy update feature.
    > Thanks for the Nov 11, 03 date.
    >

    > "namniar" <this@that> wrote in message
    > | BTW - The latest update for Office 97 and individual
    > components appears to
    > | be still Nov 11, 03.
    > |
    > http://office.microsoft.com/en-ca/officeupdate/CD010224961033.aspx
    > | You are not hiding any are you Jim. ;)
    > |
    > | r.
    > |

    > | "Jim Macklin" <p51mustang[threeX12]@xxxhotmail.calm> wrote
    > in message
    > | > Microsoft decided a year or two ago to reduce the
    > confusion
    > | > and they now try to release updates on a monthly
    > schedule.
    > | > They released a bunch this time, there are also OFFICE
    > | > updates, so when you finish with the Windows updates,
    > click
    > | > the link at the top of the update page to go to OFFICE
    > | > Updates. If you have a recent version, it will scan
    > just
    > | > like Windows and select the proper updates, if you still
    > | > have OFFICE 97, you'll have to look them up.
    > | >

    > | > --
    > | > The people think the Constitution protects their rights;
    > | > But government sees it as an obstacle to be overcome.
    > | >

    > | > "Crusty (-: Old B@stard :-)"
    > | > <richardurbanREMOVETHIS@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > | > |
    > | > |
    > | > |
    > | > |
    > you
    > | > knew!
    > | > |
    > | > |
    > | > critical updates. This
    > | > yesterday////
    > | > | >
    > | > |
    > | > |

  14. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

    Huh?

    --

    johnf

    > I'm new here but not sure if this is where I'm supposed to be. I have
    > a question about norton not allowing a windows update. norton window
    > covers up update window...doesn't support
    > repair-unistall/reinstall.....HUH???
    >
    > "Jim Macklin" wrote:
    >
    >> We have one old computer running Office 97, the only reason
    >> to upgrade (in my mind) is the easy update feature.
    >> Thanks for the Nov 11, 03 date.
    >>

    >> "namniar" <this@that> wrote in message
    >> | BTW - The latest update for Office 97 and individual
    >> components appears to
    >> | be still Nov 11, 03.
    >> |
    >> http://office.microsoft.com/en-ca/officeupdate/CD010224961033.aspx
    >> | You are not hiding any are you Jim. ;)
    >> |
    >> | r.
    >> |

    >> | "Jim Macklin" <p51mustang[threeX12]@xxxhotmail.calm> wrote
    >> in message
    >> confusion
    >> schedule.
    >> click
    >> just

    >> | > |
    >> | > |
    >> | > |
    >> | > |
    >> | > |
    >> | > |

Hardware Windows Update Microsoft Windows XP