Redirected folder files disappearing

Hi,
I have set up a group policy for a number of my users,
that has redirected my docs and desktop to our 2000
server machine. For a few of the users many of the files
that were on the desktop have disapeared. They have
obviously disapeared off the server aswell. Does anyone
know what causes this?

Also for a few users another folder has been created
where the redirected files are held. The exisiting file
is there but another file with _NTFRS_1c02aa8d infront of
the users name has been created as well? Has this got
anything to do with the disapearing files?

Also the users are experiencing delays when trying to
access the files that are redirected and login seems to
take a very long time as well. Is the redirected files to
blame on this as well?

Thanks,

Dave

Dave-

Two things:

When you redirect a profile folder, files are copied to the share the first
time.

You should not be using a replicated DFS tree for this. That is the cause of
your problem most likely.

Brian Desmond
Windows Server MVP
desmondb@payton.cps.k12.il.us