Redirected folder files disappearing

Hi,
I have set up a group policy for a number of my users,
that has redirected my docs and desktop to our 2000
server machine. For a few of the users many of the files
that were on the desktop have disapeared. They have
obviously disapeared off the server aswell. Does anyone
know what causes this?

Also for a few users another folder has been created
where the redirected files are held. The exisiting file
is there but another file with _NTFRS_1c02aa8d infront of
the users name has been created as well? Has this got
anything to do with the disapearing files?

Also the users are experiencing delays when trying to
access the files that are redirected and login seems to
take a very long time as well. Is the redirected files to
blame on this as well?

Thanks,

Dave
1 answer Last reply
More about redirected folder files disappearing

    Dave-

    Two things:

    When you redirect a profile folder, files are copied to the share the first
    time.

    You should not be using a replicated DFS tree for this. That is the cause of
    your problem most likely.

    Brian Desmond
    Windows Server MVP
    desmondb@payton.cps.k12.il.us

    Http://www.briandesmond.com

    "davie" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    > I have set up a group policy for a number of my users,
    > that has redirected my docs and desktop to our 2000
    > server machine. For a few of the users many of the files
    > that were on the desktop have disapeared. They have
    > obviously disapeared off the server aswell. Does anyone
    > know what causes this?
    >
    > Also for a few users another folder has been created
    > where the redirected files are held. The exisiting file
    > is there but another file with _NTFRS_1c02aa8d infront of
    > the users name has been created as well? Has this got
    > anything to do with the disapearing files?
    >
    > Also the users are experiencing delays when trying to
    > access the files that are redirected and login seems to
    > take a very long time as well. Is the redirected files to
    > blame on this as well?
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Dave

Policy Windows