Logon To at logon

Jon

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2003

I have a lab with many mahcines in it. I have a Win2003 server with RIS
and AD on it. In the lab, they hold training, and we reload the
workstations using RIS after each class. I need to find a way to have the
Logon To line to default to the Domain instead of the local machine at the
first logon. I think that this can be done with Group Policies. Anyone
know how?

Jon

You can control default logon domain in logon dialog window by modifying
following reg key:

HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\
DefaultDomainName (REG-SZ)

Force this setting on domain computers using e.g. startup script.

Didn't played with RIS for a while so can't remember if you can incorporate
custom reg keys directly in RIS image. IIRC if you create image using
riprep.exe it will save all custom settings/software/registry keys...

hth,
Al.