HELP! removing Floppy and CD-ROM access

Hi All,

Can anybody help me with removing access to floppy drives and CD-ROM drives
using GPO's?

Thanks in advance,

Chris
4 answers Last reply
More about help removing floppy access

    Chris Henderson wrote:

    > Can anybody help me with removing access to floppy drives
    > and CD-ROM drives using GPO's?
    Hi

    To block specified drive letters:

    Prevent Access to the Contents of Selected Drives

    It is the same as this Group Policy setting:

    Prevent access to drives from My Computer
    (User Configuration\Administrative Templates\Windows Components\Windows
    Explorer)

    GPO reference:
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/gp/340.asp

    You should combine it with this one if you want to hide the
    drive(s) as well:

    Hide Drives in My Computer

    GPO reference:
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/gp/239.asp

    the 1328 page Scripting Guide:

    Thank you all very much everybody for your input. It's really appricated.

    Chris

    "Chris Henderson" <please@dont.ask.com> wrote in message
    > Hi All,
    >
    > Can anybody help me with removing access to floppy drives and CD-ROM
    drives
    > using GPO's?
    >
    > Thanks in advance,
    >
    > Chris

    Hi,
    Try DeviceLock www.devicelock.com . You can block access to any device you
    want.
    Sergey.

    "Sergey" <sergey588@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:<u0AZEPvcEHA.3512@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl>...
    > Hi,
    > Try DeviceLock www.devicelock.com . You can block access to any device you
    > want.
    > Sergey.

    You could also look at www.disknetpro.com which allows you to manage
    rather than just block access to devices and media (USB / removable
    media etc). Say you want to allow access to some media but not other
    media then you can authorise individual media allowing only it to be
    used. You can then encrypt USB / removable media and audit everything
    that happens to it as well should you want!

    Totally depends on how much control you want to achieve,

    Cheers,

    Paddy

Policy Floppy Disk CD-Rom Microsoft Windows