GPO assigned Applications Unistalling

Changes were made to a software distribution GPO, where
the assigned software was deleted. Upon deletion I
selected "Allow users to continue to use the software,
but prevent new installations".

This morning, the apps uninstalled from the workstations!
Why??

Howdie,

Martin Powell <martin.powell@itnetplc.com> schrieb/wrote:
> Changes were made to a software distribution GPO, where
> the assigned software was deleted. Upon deletion I
> selected "Allow users to continue to use the software,
> but prevent new installations".
>
> This morning, the apps uninstalled from the workstations!
> Why??

Is the app really uninstalled from the workstations?

I have done the same a few weeks ago here in my test environment and got the
same message, but the software was ready for use on all clients...

--
Peter Forster
MVP - Windows Server Management

All applications showing in the GPO have an Application
Management" Event for the removal of the App - then there
is a corresponding MsiInstaller Event showing whether the
removal succeeded of failed - the majority succeeded.

(Although MS Office XP did not try to uninstall - no
MsiInstaller Event for the app - possibly similar to your
test lab environment).