connecting laptop to internet over ipaq, wifi

a b D Laptop
April 14, 2005 6:35:10 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc.phone_edition,microsoft.public.pocketpc (More info?)

I would like to connect my laptop which has a wifi card to an ad-hoc
wifi connection with my ipaq 6340 ipaq (already done this, they both
get 169.254.* subnet IP adresses and can ping each other), then i
would like my laptop to use internet over my ipaq's GPRS connection.
Is this possilble at all?
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
April 14, 2005 6:35:11 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc.phone_edition,microsoft.public.pocketpc (More info?)

Hello,

You may be able to get this to work would be to manually set up your Windows
PC's gateway in the TCP/IP settings to the IP address of the iPaq.
Personally I've never tried it and I base this idea on my experience in the
IT Infrastructure world that I work in.

Regards,

--
Clinton Fitch