What happens if two GPOs are enforced?

john

Splendid
Aug 25, 2003

Do both of GPOs get applied? In my case, we have one GPO
that pushes down SUS Updates (to a large OU) and another
that runs individual settings (to smaller sub OUs). If I
enforce the higher GPO, will it cancel the GPO defined in
the sub OUs? Thanks!

GPO's are applied in this order local>site>domain>OU>subOU. Any setting defined will
be overridden by a policy farther down the line. This all assumes no block
inheritance or no override has been enabled. A sub OU GPO with a defined setting
will override the same setting defined at the OU level.--- Steve