ASUS Striker Extreme or eVGA Mobo?

NeoRecon

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2007
I'm torn between these two. I really wanted to get the ASUS P5N32-E SLI, but since it is being revised I can't find it.
So I'm stuck between lookin at the eVGA 680i Mobo or the ASUS Striker Extreme. The ASUS is only about $60 more from what I've found so far. Yes it looks cool and all, but I want the most stable, best performing board from the two.

Suggestions?

My setup will be (some items still on order)

C2D E6600 CPU
GeForce 8800 GTS (Eventually 2 in sli)
2GB of Crucial Ballistix Tracer Memory
OCZ GameXStream 700W PSU

TIA!

elrodvoss

Distinguished
Nov 26, 2006
From the reviews that I have seen the ASUS P5N32-E SLI is just a "slimer" version of the Striker.

It depends on what your going to use it for though. Gaming wise there is little to no difference in performance, so the main selling point would be overclocking stability and the LED "bling".

Asus is suppost to have a new motherboard comming out with a higher FSB overclock ceiling. I will have to find it on there website.

slim142

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2006
I'm torn between these two. I really wanted to get the ASUS P5N32-E SLI, but since it is being revised I can't find it.
So I'm stuck between lookin at the eVGA 680i Mobo or the ASUS Striker Extreme. The ASUS is only about $60 more from what I've found so far. Yes it looks cool and all, but I want the most stable, best performing board from the two.

Suggestions?

My setup will be (some items still on order)

C2D E6600 CPU
GeForce 8800 GTS (Eventually 2 in sli)
2GB of Crucial Ballistix Tracer Memory
OCZ GameXStream 700W PSU

TIA!

My signature has the answer ;)

neorecon, if you meant the Commando, well yes thats a good overclocker, but unfortunately p965 chipset :( which still performs good but is not as new as the 680i

NeoRecon

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2007
I meant the Striker Extreme.
I'm planning to do some OCing as I'm getting a Zalman CNPS 9700, but I'm not going to do any crazy OCing.
The system will be our main PC at home so it will be hit with many different apps and games.

My last system lasted just shy of 4 years, so I want to get something that will hopefully get me through that much again.

I've always gotten ASUS boards in the past, but was concerned with all of the complaints I've read recently about their 680i boards.

Thanks again!