GPO's applied from wrong server?

RH

When I run gpresult on a workstation I have my GPO
applying from a server we have planned to remove from the
domain. I thought I had moved all of the FSMO's to the new
DC. What am I missing?

RH

GPOs get applied from whatever DC the workstation has found through the
normal DC locator process. That may or may not be a FSMO role-holder. Its
only GP editing that relies on looking for the PDC role-holder first. So if
you remove that DC, the workstation should find another one just fine.

--
Darren Mar-Elia
MS-MVP-Windows Management