Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

SA 3250 HD

Last response: in Home Theatre
Share
Anonymous
May 11, 2004 1:11:16 AM

Archived from groups: alt.tv.tech.hdtv (More info?)

Does anyone have any idea when the firmware update will be released for the
3250 HD or a work around? I have a customer using the DVI connection and
they need to reboot the cable box after turning of the TV in order to get
the picture back.

Thanks
CJL

More about : 3250

Anonymous
May 15, 2004 8:30:59 PM

Archived from groups: alt.tv.tech.hdtv (More info?)

CJL wrote:
> Does anyone have any idea when the firmware update will be released for the
> 3250 HD or a work around? I have a customer using the DVI connection and
> they need to reboot the cable box after turning of the TV in order to get
> the picture back.

SA has released several firmware updates for the 3250HD. However,
they're still rather far from full compatibility with the DVI/HDCP spec.

Different cable companies are deploying the firmware updates at
different times, so your cable company may be moving faster or slower
than others.

Here in Cleveland, Adelphia has firmware version 1.52.6.1 on the
3250HDs. When I got the box back in December, it was at version
1.52.3.1. I'm not sure whether or not they actually deployed all of the
intervening versions or not. They may have gone right from 3.1 to 6.1.
Anonymous
May 17, 2004 4:07:42 PM

Archived from groups: alt.tv.tech.hdtv (More info?)

> CJL wrote:
> > Does anyone have any idea when the firmware update will be released for
the
> > 3250 HD or a work around? I have a customer using the DVI connection and
> > they need to reboot the cable box after turning of the TV in order to
get
> > the picture back.
>
> SA has released several firmware updates for the 3250HD. However,
> they're still rather far from full compatibility with the DVI/HDCP spec.
>
> Different cable companies are deploying the firmware updates at
> different times, so your cable company may be moving faster or slower
> than others.
>
> Here in Cleveland, Adelphia has firmware version 1.52.6.1 on the
> 3250HDs. When I got the box back in December, it was at version
> 1.52.3.1. I'm not sure whether or not they actually deployed all of the
> intervening versions or not. They may have gone right from 3.1 to 6.1.
>

Jim

Thanks for the reply. I have two customers now that both have the same
problem. Both have Adelphia and happen to be in Westlake, Ohio. I am
wondering if I should go back to the component jacks until SA gets their act
together. Guess the engineers should try turning off the cable box next
time.

CJL
Anonymous
May 18, 2004 1:53:41 AM

Archived from groups: alt.tv.tech.hdtv (More info?)

>>SA has released several firmware updates for the 3250HD. However,
>>they're still rather far from full compatibility with the DVI/HDCP spec.
>>
>>Different cable companies are deploying the firmware updates at
>>different times, so your cable company may be moving faster or slower
>>than others.
>>
>>Here in Cleveland, Adelphia has firmware version 1.52.6.1 on the
>>3250HDs. When I got the box back in December, it was at version
>>1.52.3.1. I'm not sure whether or not they actually deployed all of the
>>intervening versions or not. They may have gone right from 3.1 to 6.1.
>>
>
> Thanks for the reply. I have two customers now that both have the same
> problem. Both have Adelphia and happen to be in Westlake, Ohio. I am
> wondering if I should go back to the component jacks until SA gets their act
> together. Guess the engineers should try turning off the cable box next
> time.

That's what I've done here with my Samsung DLP and the 3250HD. But by
all means suggest that your customers bug Adelphia about the problem -
it's about the only way we have to keep SA's attention on the problem.

For more information about this issue, see:

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?s=&thread...

(a word of warning - the referenced thread started back in January and
is over 400 posts long.)
!