GPO's not working correctly

adrian

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2001

Hi, I have a test domian consisting of 10 win2000 servers
2 of which are DC's and domain controllers.
I have 8 servers all part of this domian. 3 of the domian
members are on a different subnet. The other 5 servers are
on the smae subnet has the DC's/DNS servers

I have setup a GPO with restrictions to mmc snap-ins,
removed the shutdown command and run command etc. This GPO
is linked to a User OU I created.
When I log-in into a server that's on the same subnet as
the DC/DNS servers, the GPO's work 100%, (mmc snap-ins are
restriced, the shutdown and run command is removed)
When I log-in into a server on a different subnet on the
same domain, the GPO, doesn't appear to work correctly.
THough the mmc snap-ins are disabled as expected, I can
still see the Run and Shutdown command in the start menu.
Do I need to do something within Active Sirectory for this
different subnet...?
In DNS I don't have a Reverse lookup for the different
subnet.

Please help if you can

Is ICMP blocked between the subnets?

Dean

"adrian" wrote:

> Hi, I have a test domian consisting of 10 win2000 servers
> 2 of which are DC's and domain controllers.
> I have 8 servers all part of this domian. 3 of the domian
> members are on a different subnet. The other 5 servers are
> on the smae subnet has the DC's/DNS servers
>
> I have setup a GPO with restrictions to mmc snap-ins,
> removed the shutdown command and run command etc. This GPO
> is linked to a User OU I created.
> When I log-in into a server that's on the same subnet as
> the DC/DNS servers, the GPO's work 100%, (mmc snap-ins are
> restriced, the shutdown and run command is removed)
> When I log-in into a server on a different subnet on the
> same domain, the GPO, doesn't appear to work correctly.
> THough the mmc snap-ins are disabled as expected, I can
> still see the Run and Shutdown command in the start menu.
> Do I need to do something within Active Sirectory for this
> different subnet...?
> In DNS I don't have a Reverse lookup for the different
> subnet.
>
> Please help if you can

adrian

Distinguished