Automate backup/restore of GPOs

Sam

Group policy Management console allows easy backing up
and restoring of GPOs. But I think the backing up of
GPOs using GPMC can only be done manually.

Is there a way of automating the backing up of GPOs using
Group Policy Management console or any other utility?

Sam.

Sam wrote:

> Group policy Management console allows easy backing up
> and restoring of GPOs. But I think the backing up of
> GPOs using GPMC can only be done manually.
>
> Is there a way of automating the backing up of GPOs using
> Group Policy Management console or any other utility?
Hi

GPMC has a script interface, so I would think that is possible.

the 1328 page Scripting Guide:

yes its easy. creat a batch script with the following information

cscript BackupAllGPOs.wsf "D:\domain name GPO Backups" > GPOBak.log

the BackupAllGPOs.wsf can be found in the gpmc\scripts folder. run the
batch script as a scheduled task.